SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
Sage not having focus out of standby?

This used to work in Sage2 and 3, but not 4.0. When I bring Sage out of sleep, it doesn't have focus. I programmed my remote to use keyboard shortcuts, and as of version 4.0, I had to program an alt-tab command to give it the foreground. What changed? Can this be fixed?

-Robert
Old 12-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Sage User

I would like an answer to this question as well. I thought maybe I did something wrong with configuring the irremote file, but everything appears to be correct. Why does it not wake SageTV up in focus? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Russ
Old 12-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
I found the solution to my own problem. Sorry I didn't update this thread.

I turned on that behavior, out of habit, with TweakUI. I install Powertools on all my Windows machines and wasn't thinking when I enabled that behavior - something I desire on other PC's.

-Robert
Old 12-14-2005, 09:27 AM
Sage User

Valnar,

I'm not sure I understand your last post. Are you saying that TweakUI has a setting that causes SageTV to wake and not be in focus, or that TweakUI offers a solution to this problem allowing you to wake SageTV and have it be in focus. I don't have TweakUI installed on my system and need some direction on how to fix this issue. Thanks for the help.

- Russ
Old 12-14-2005, 12:59 PM
Administrator

He means that TweakUI has an option to prevent an application from 'stealing' focus & that setting was what was causing his focus problem. If you've never used TweakUI and never set such an option in another way, then your issue could be different. (TweakUI has some interesting Windows options, so it might be worth trying anyway.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:29 AM
Sage User

I was having the same issue since updating to Sage 4. I googled and found an answer. In regedit under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop, DWORD ForegroundLockTimeout controls whether windows in the background can regain focus when they're updated. Decimal 200000 is no. Set it to 0 to allow background windows to come into focus.

I changed this value to 0 and rebooted...and voila! Sage now comes to the front out of sleep mode.

ASUS A7V8X-MX SE | AMD 2200+, VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP, 1280mb PC3200, PVR-350, Creative Extigy, LG DVD ROM /CD RW | Plextor DVD R/RW, 120GB | 160GB, Sage 6.3, Windows X(tracrap)P Pro SP2