SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-13-2005, 02:31 PM
Sage User

DViCO FusionHDTV5 USB Gold Hands-On Review at eHomeUpgrade

They like it!

http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/17...usionhdtv5_usb
Old 12-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have the DVB-T version of this unit and getting it to work reliably was somewhat problematic.. I finally resolved my issues by installing the latest drivers and ensuring that it's always connected to a USB hub rather than directly to a USB port. It's a power hungry beast and its requirements often exceed the amps available for USB use on some chipsets - Plugging it into a Hub ( un-powered or powered ) seems to alleviate the problem.

Having said all that, now that it's working - I'm very pleased with it!

Cheers

Peter
Old 12-14-2005, 07:13 AM
Sage User

Good to know.

My main reason for considering the USB version over the PCI card is in case I eventually switch to a microATX board which would probably only have two PCI slots. If bandwidth is a problem, it may just be worth it to get the PCI version.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:22 AM
Sage User

I've never tried a Fusion card, but they seem very popular.

I've had 2 Avermedia cards (MCE 150 and an A180) and Vbox DTA 150. The Vbox just works. Briefly, there was a developer who joined MediaPortal to focus on ATSC support. He was very high on Vbox cards, especially their BDA drivers. I bought the DTA 150 on his reccomendation. It's been so good for me that I will stick with Vbox for my next card too.

They also make a USB version.

Software: XP Pro SP2; SageTV 4; nVidia Video Decoder; nVidia Audio Decoder
Old 12-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've never had an issue with bandwidth and I use it on my laptop. It receives both SD & HD DVB streams without an issue. The chipsets I've had problems with it on were all Intel desktop chipsets prior to the 865 series or notebook chipsets prior to and including the 855PM.

Please don't let these possible issues influence your decision. I am very happy with the performance of DVB version now that I've ironed out these teething issues.

Cheers

Peter
Old 12-18-2005, 10:46 AM
Sage User

So Peter, The Fusion HDTV USB tuner works fine with Sage?
Old 12-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Short answer is that I don't know! As I only have the DVB-T version of the device.

The DVB-T version works perfectly ( for me at least ) with SageTV 4.1 using the MyTheatre DVB Network Encoder, MyTheater 3.33.3 and the latest DVICO drivers. It's my testbed rig for development of the MyTheatre DVB Network Encoder.

I was reading that Saar has introduced ATSC device support in My Theatre. So if SageTV doesn't support the device - you may be able to use the DVB Network Encoder as a possible solution.

Cheers

Peter
Old 12-20-2005, 11:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Been a while since i had the time to check the site.

I noticed that Divico has their 64 bit windows drivers out for many of the HD tuner cards. May have to check that out if i get time, Now if only Hauppauge will get off their lazy cheeks and write a driver for the 250 i'll be about set
AMD athlon64X2 3800+, Foxconn (Winfast 6150K8MA-8EKRS) 6150, Windows Vista Ultimate, Geforce FX EVGA 7800gt CO, 1gig 400mhz ddr Ram, 500 gig Western Digital Sata 2 hard drive 8 meg cache, Tuners: Wintv PVR 500 dual tuner, Fusion3 GoldT, NEC 3540a dvd+rw, Sagetv 5.0 Dell 20.1" 2005FPW