SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 12-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Mapping OTA channels

I have a number of channels that I can tune that do not show up on the Washington/Baltimore OTA Digital Guide.
How do I map these channels in Sage ? one set of channels is 54.1 54.2 54.3

if I put any of these in the mapping I get 'no signal'
If I do a channel scan in Sage they do not show up but I can pick them up fine with my reciever.
I have heard I may need the station id in order to get EPG data - How do I find this ?

mike/
Old 12-13-2005, 10:20 PM
Administrator

In the v4 manual, check out the Channel Setup section starting on p. 158 -- see the info for "Add Channel to Lineup".

Regarding the Station ID, see this post.

As for the 'correct' channel number to enter for HD channels, I'm not entirely sure.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, I did figure out that it wants the frequency for the channel # .

I did read the post you refer to last night, but I was missing something, I was clicking on the link, but then I re-read the post and realized that the station id is in the URL !

thanks!
Old 12-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Mike,

Did you manage to get the EPG data? I am trying this for several weeks now. I looked up the station ID and put it in while adding the channel. I can watch the digital channel just fine, but the EPG still shows "No Data". Opus mentioned in the other thread that the channels would need to be listed in another line-up in order for the EPG data to be retreived. I do not really understand as to why that is but I assume that this is the problem in my case which is quite unfortunate.

Thomas
Old 12-14-2005, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Wischgol
Opus mentioned in the other thread that the channels would need to be listed in another line-up in order for the EPG data to be retreived. I do not really understand as to why that is but I assume that this is the problem in my case which is quite unfortunate.
What that meant was that the channel needs to be part of some lineup/provider that is available to SageTV via their data source. (It doesn't have to be a lineup that is in-use on your system.) If the data is not available to SageTV (the company) _somewhere_, then they don't have a way to pass the listings on to you.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.