SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Unless someone has received their MVP from SageTV recently, you should probably email the SageTV store for an answer.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:25 PM
Sage User

Is windows media audio .wma support contemplated for the MVP extender?

BTW I have been using two MVPs since they were released. They are the best value for this type of product, but the Hauppage software was, to put it kindly, underdeveloped. I got the Sage software working on one of them last night and the wife liked it, a lot! She already uses the client on her computer. So I'll be buying a couple of client licenses for the MVPs. Good job Sage!
Old 12-29-2005, 03:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Mine came with the 45 button remote. This also caught my eye .. a big yellow stamp that says "New DivX & Internet Radio" Makes me wonder if this is built into the Hauppauge hardware now, looks like it is.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

Sorry, but that has been on the boxes for over a year....if you read the fine print it says that it requires a hefty PC since it is transcoding to MPEG2 on the PC.

John
Old 12-29-2005, 07:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
But other audio/video formats are in testing. There's already experimental transcoding support built-in to 4.1.3....
If you can transcode only the audio stream, from say, ac3, into mp3 or whatever the mvp supports, you'll sell another license!
Old 12-29-2005, 10:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptaz
Sorry, but that has been on the boxes for over a year....if you read the fine print it says that it requires a hefty PC since it is transcoding to MPEG2 on the PC.

John

yeah, just noticed that in another chain .. still learning.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Sage User

"Experimental transcoding"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
But other audio/video formats are in testing. There's already experimental transcoding support built-in to 4.1.3....
I'm running 4.1.4 beta, and have a large library of divx files I'd like to be able to watch over my MVP/Media Extender - I've seen this "experimental transcoding" mentioned a few times here...is there any way we can access this to try it out? Is there a property to modify, or a JAR file to replace, or is this just something available to developers at this point? Thanks...

-Mike