SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Extender Performance in 4.1

I was happily running Sage 4.0 on my MVP with Matt's plugin and the SageMC 16x9 STV.

When 4.1 came out last week I decided to take the leap and use Sage's built in support for the MVP and even forked over the extra $29.95 in order to make it work since before I didn't require a client licence to use Matt's plugin.

Anyway I am now noticing a huge performance hit since upgrading. Moving between menus takes forever, video stutters now and then and the MVP even decides to reboot itself sometimes.

I never had any of these issues with the SageMC 16x9 STV before so am wondering what the new extender support in Sage is doing to make everything so slow all of a sudden.

Does anyone have any tips on how to increase extender performance in Sage?

Anthony
Old 12-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Sage

The performance of the built in MVP support should be much better than what you were using before. Try enabling debug_logging=TRUE in your Sage.properties file and send us your logs. Something else must be going wrong that's using your CPU.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
The performance of the built in MVP support should be much better than what you were using before. Try enabling debug_logging=TRUE in your Sage.properties file and send us your logs. Something else must be going wrong that's using your CPU.
I tried adding debug_logging=true to Sage.properties but when I restart the service this entry keeps getting removed from the properties file and I don't see any debug files being created. Is there anything else I need to do to enable debug logging?

Thanks,
Anthony
Old 12-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Administrator

It has to be set to TRUE (all CAPS), and if you are using the service, you have to make sure the service isn't running before editing sage.properties. If you are using Notepad, make sure Word Wrap is not on.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:55 AM
Sage Fanatic

Has anybody tested which encoding levels work with the MVP? All, most or some?? I'm leaving my default 'great' setting for now, but wonder if a higher level of encoding would pose a problem for the decoder and/or network?
Old 12-19-2005, 05:24 AM
Sage User

I have not upgraded to 4.1 yet, but I'm running 4.0 with Matts MVP Plugin. Works just fine at "DVD Standard" 3.2 gb per hour. I have one MVP Hard Wired and one on a 54g Wireless Bridge. Both play just fine at that setting.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:32 AM
SageTVaholic

I think the MVP is supposed to handle 1.5 - 8 gb/hr.