SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

SageMC and ShowAnalyser - can't watch current recordings

A quick question -

If I am recording something, and SA is analyzing it at the same time, is it by 'design' that the marker in the timeline (show where you are in the show) should be at the "real time" spot? IE: started recording WTP 45 mins ago, select it in the recent recording list, hit play, show starts at the 45 min mark with prev commericials marked in the timeline.

If I wait until recording finishes, then the show starts at the beginning. But I wonder if SA accessing the file causes SageMC to think I have watched it to that point??

Also - is there a way to rewind to the begining (or anywhere besides 10sec increments) in SageMC? I know I can't click on the timeline... right?
Old 12-18-2005, 02:36 PM
SageTVaholic

You're joining a recording in progress. It's going to be at the real time mark.

You could set it to watched and then clear watched. It should put you at the beginning.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

So this is by design?

Would setting to watched in mid recording cause it stop recording and discard incomplete file?

The watched/clear watched hack is how I do this otherwise...
Old 12-18-2005, 03:10 PM
SageTVaholic

It's by Sage design. SA has nothing to do with it.

You could try it but be careful. If something is watched, Sage does't record it, so it might be an issue in a middle of a recording. I'm usually not that anxious to watch my recordings. It might be later that night or the next day before I bother. I watch it on MY schedule.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think I can deal with being patient. However, this is for the WAF more than anything else. She really wants to watch her reality shows live - I have managed to convince her to wait for 15 minutes or so, enough to skip commericials. I thought that before SageMC and SA, the shows would start at the begining, but maybe I was simply clicking on the timeline to go to the begining... It's hard to remember.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:35 PM
SageTVaholic

I think it might depend on how you get to the recording, if you go through the guide or LiveTV option, then it will jump to the current time. If you go through the recordings section it should start at the beginning.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Stanger -

That makes sense and that is how I would like it to behave, but it doesn't. Can anyone w/ SA and SageMC confirm that this is how their setup behaves as well, or I have an anomaly?
Old 12-18-2005, 05:57 PM

If it does not let me know and I can fix it. Also, you can use the Stop command in the full screen video to do a quick Restart.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 12-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
If it does not let me know and I can fix it.
Not sure what you mean? If what doesn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Also, you can use the Stop command in the full screen video to do a quick Restart.
My remote stop button brings up a list of 6 or so options: Program Info, Aspect Ratio, ComSkip on/off, and a couple more I think. Where do I find the restart?

edit: I have seen a full screen that has come up, says (IIRC) Resume, Restart, Main Menu?? However, I was just testing (on a pre-recorded show) and that screen wasn't coming up, What triggers it?

Last edited by JonTom; 12-18-2005 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:10 PM

You need to have another button bound to the SageTV command "Stop". This brings up the Stop menu.

I mean if starting a recording in progress does NOT start you from the beginning automatically from the recordings menu let me know and the next time I am working on it I will fix that. I don't watch too much Live or near Live TV so I don't remember what it does, but I would prefer it to start from the beginning myself.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 12-18-2005, 06:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok. I assume that must be the screen I mentioned in my edit?

It definately doesn't start at the begining. But I may also be an anomaly.

Related? Sage switches to LiveTV sometimes when I finish watching a show and select Delete (Ahhh - is that the Stop Screen you mention??).

Off to look into my .gml again, although I don't think this time that is what is causing the problem...
Old 12-18-2005, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom
Ok. I assume that must be the screen I mentioned in my edit?

It definately doesn't start at the begining. But I may also be an anomaly.

Related? Sage switches to LiveTV sometimes when I finish watching a show and select Delete (Ahhh - is that the Stop Screen you mention??).

Off to look into my .gml again, although I don't think this time that is what is causing the problem...
The Stop menu also does come up automaticaly at the end of a show. If you have a space button you can bind to the Stop command to bring it up at any time.

Old 12-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

I don't have a spare button, but hitting TV/VCR (bound to TV) twice brings it up (-> Program Info -> Stopped Screen). However, since I don't have a stop command bound to a button, I cannot exit out of that screen without choosing a selection. If I hit back, the screen does go back, but the video plays in the background, 'behind' the main menu. I can't see it, but I can hear it...

Any chance of either adding an exit menu choice to the Stop screen, or having the Back button not cause the video to resume? You may not like the first due to clutter, and the second might break the TV command somehow (I don't know, but that is how I got to that screen..)
Old 12-18-2005, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom
I don't have a spare button, but hitting TV/VCR (bound to TV) twice brings it up (-> Program Info -> Stopped Screen). However, since I don't have a stop command bound to a button, I cannot exit out of that screen without choosing a selection. If I hit back, the screen does go back, but the video plays in the background, 'behind' the main menu. I can't see it, but I can hear it...

Any chance of either adding an exit menu choice to the Stop screen, or having the Back button not cause the video to resume? You may not like the first due to clutter, and the second might break the TV command somehow (I don't know, but that is how I got to that screen..)
The back button should be doing what you want. What video preview options do you have enabled? In full screen TV if you bring up the Stop menu and hit back it should take you back to full screen TV and start playing.

Old 12-18-2005, 06:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

I don't think I have any preview options enabled. If have something playing and I go to the main menu, I see a static image of the show in the 'corner tv', but I have no preview window in the guide, etc, like in the default stv.

Video menu settings are on 'Never' and display in Window.

The back button does all you describe except showing the video - it either shows the Program Info screen, or the main menu instead, whichever I was on when I hit TV again. It seems like the back button is basically doing what it should logically, and also starting the video (in the background, because the video isn't in the 'back history'). Not a big deal because I can then select the 'corner tv' to get the video on screen again. It will probably eventually cause a long winded explanation for WAF reasons at some point in the future if she ever finds herself on the Stop Screen and wanting to go to the Main Menu