SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 12-19-2005, 06:37 AM
Sage User

Changing the menus.

I've been trying to customize the menus.

I've been doing ok so far. I've renamed a few, Moved imported videos to the main menu, moved setup to media center.

But when I tried to move Play DVD from the medis center menu to the main menu it kept STV from running. I noticed that DVD is not just a simple tag pair. Is there somethign special required to move the block of tags?

Last edited by alan92rttt; 12-19-2005 at 06:53 AM.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:07 AM
Administrator

If you are talking about the default STV... you want to copy a reference to the button, or the code leading up to the button, not make actual copies of all the code.

Probably the easiest thing to do would be to use the Find All command to search for "Play DVD" (case sensitive & w/o quotes). It will find 2 buttons; copy a reference to the one named "Play DVD" in the Main Menu.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Copy Reference meaning "Drag and Drop", basically makes a link/shortcut.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Probably the easiest thing to do would be to use the Find All command to search for "Play DVD" (case sensitive & w/o quotes). It will find 2 buttons; copy a reference to the one named "Play DVD" in the Main Menu.
I found 2 referanced to DVD in the XML file.

One was to the play dvd/cd menu

the other was the "Play DVD" option.

Unlike the options for "imported videos" and the "music" menu this was not just a simple tag set. Their were 15+ lines of XML supporting the "play DVD" option.

Is there a way to just make a referance to that?
Old 12-19-2005, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Oh - are you just trying to edit the XML file? I was talking about using Studio to do the work.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, you don't want to be editing the XML file directly
Old 12-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Sage User

ok, I guess I'll go find out how studio works.

Is that part of the basic 4.0 package or is studio seperate?
Old 12-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Sage Icon

Why not use Nielm's dynamic menus import?
Old 12-19-2005, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Studio is part of the v4.0 & later installations now. I moved this discussion to the Studio forum, where you can find info on Studio documentation in the stickies here, though it has all been updated for v4.1.

The Studio PDF manual has walk-through examples for moving menu items, btw.

Edit: can the dynamic menu system access a single button such as "Play DVD", or just the entire menus? (I don't use it, so I don't know the answer. )

- Andy
Old 01-15-2006, 01:25 AM
Sage User

Just in case anyelse wants to know. You can not just copy the "Play DVD button" you need to copy the entry from the "Library" menu. I found to copy that item properly you have to expand all its notes and highlight them, befor the copy. If you just hightlight the "if getproperty()" you don't get all of the lines.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:12 AM
Administrator

It sounds like you did a full copy of the widget(s) rather than copy a reference to the "if" widget.

If you copy a widget, you create a completely separate copy of just the selected widget(s).

A Reference is italicized and is the exact same widget used in another location & is still the parent of all the original widget's children... because it is the original widget.

- Andy
Old 01-15-2006, 11:42 AM
Sage User

I much better.

I moved and renamed the "archived recordings" menu and placed it on the "Imported videos" page above "options". this works fine. But selecting back from "archived recordings" always takes me to the "Media center" menu not back to "imported videos" how do I fix this?
Old 01-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Actually, it sounds you are using the "Left" command, not "Back"... unless you are using a customized menu that overrides the Back command too.

Anyway -- look at the Left (or Back) listener for that menu to see where it jumps when that command is issued.

- Andy
Old 01-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Sage User

I used left on my remote and the mouse back icon.

archived recordings calls the "TV Listings" menu. This menu has no back/left functions.

I tried the back/exit button on the haupagge remote and it work as I'd expect.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan92rttt
archived recordings calls the "TV Listings" menu. This menu has no back/left functions.
If it is the menu from the default STV, then it has a Left listener.

- Andy
Old 01-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Sage User

Am I looking in the wrong place?
Old 01-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan92rttt
Am I looking in the wrong place?
Yes. Use the Customize command while looking at the menu you want to work on & it will then be highlighted in the Studio window.

- Andy
Old 01-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Sage User

ok, got it.

the left is programmed to goto the library.

I checked the docs is there a way to make it jsut go "back"?
Old 01-15-2006, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Instead of giving it a menu to jump to, you can call the SageCommand("Back") API function (for any other command too) on an action widget.

- Andy
Old 01-15-2006, 07:38 PM
Sage User

Is their someplace I sould have looked to fine that?

I scanend the docs and did not see it.