SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to MrApollinax Send a message via AIM to MrApollinax
Video Setup Questions...

New to the place and I'm still ironing the wrinkles out of my setup. I have some questions about my settings:

1. If I play video outside of Sage, say using XBMC or VLC streaming video on another PC. The video is played in a square, not in 4:3 or 16:9 or whatever I've setup in my settings. I have 1 recording that was made with version 2.0 that displays correctly. After upgrading to 4.1 I cannot get it to display in the correct aspect ratio.

2. If I play video inside of Sage my video playback is choppy. The same file played in WMP also exhibts the same behavior. If i play it via XBMC or VLC there is no problem with video playback.

3. I've noticed that sometimes the MPG files do not get wrapped in AVI files or I have the MPG file and a TMP file no AVI file.

Here are my system specs:

Windows XP Pro SP2
Intel P4 1.6 GHz
1 GB RAM
ATI All-in-Wonder 8500DV Radeon
Plextor ConvertX PX-TV402U-NA
SageTV 4.1.3 (clean install)

I'm recording to MPEG4 Standard quality files. If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 12-20-2005, 09:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to MrApollinax Send a message via AIM to MrApollinax
I think i have some of my issues figured out. The choppy playback only happens when I encode to MPEG4. If i encode to DivX i do not see the choppy playback in sage or WMP. Also, using DivX I'm able to record in the right aspect ratio. If i encode to MPEG4 all my recorded files have a resolution of 480x480. I'm new to this so I'm not sure if this is normal behavior or not. Any help would be appreciated on why the program is locking my computer up. Sometimes I have no problems with recording as it will record shows over night or back to back programs. Other times I'll find that there is an MPG file and a TMP file but no AVI file or I'll see a MPG file with a reported size of 1-3KB. The problem seems to happen either at the beginning or at the end of the show but I cannot figure out what is causing the lockup.