SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there a customization for bitrate?

Is there a customization that will allow me to change/set bitrates for video and audio? If so which one is it? I have browsed the list and nothing seems to fit.

Also, does anyone know if Videoredo ad-dective works with Sage? My understanding is that it is based on comskip.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:43 PM
Administrator

The record quality settings are in the properties file; no one has bothered adding a UI customization for it, since they wouldn't take effect until you restart SageTV anyway. One of the appendices in the PDF manual (in your SageTV directory) mention custom recording rates & that leads to this support page. On that page, check out Hauppauge Cards & Recording Quality.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Andy,

Thanks. I am in day 2 of the trial version and so far I am very favorably impressed. Two things that I wish it had is the ability to change bitrates and to be able to add text(give it a file name for example) to manual recordings. It would be nice to know what bitrates are being used for the different user selectable recording qualities. I personally prefer CBR for example over VBR.

bits
Old 12-19-2005, 09:46 PM
Administrator

You can't rename or assign names to recordings, but did you want to create custom recording rates or just change what gets used by default?

You can set the default recording rate in Detailed Setup -> Multimedia -> Recording Qualty. (p. 168 in the v4.1 manual.)

You can also assign recording rates to Favorites or Manual Recordings -- see the v4.1 manual: p. 70 for the Favorite Details & p. 103 for adjusting Manual Recordings.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.