SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-20-2005, 04:42 PM
Sage Icon

Major Problems 4.1.3

Okay...I think it's a beta but first can anyone direct me to the link where I get the current update (I'm still new at all this)?

Tech support advised me to try the 4.1.3 (which I think is beta) to try and resolve the issue where I (and others) are getting fuzzy channels from like channel 31-53 for me. It's fuzzy, black and white with no sound. All other channels above and below look fine. 4.1.3 did not fix the problem.

2. The SageTVClient on my other computers do not connect to version 4.1.3 and say that either I have to install another copy or I have the same copy somewhere else. I'm not sure but it could be that I need to remove the SageTVService Control app before installing 4.1.3 but I didn't get any error messages and I restarted when it told me I needed to.

3. GermSage plug in does not seem to work right with 4.1.3.

Anyone else notice any of this...if not, maybe I didn't properly install something or I need to remove everything including the sagecontrol app first.

Mike
Old 12-20-2005, 04:49 PM
Sage Icon

Well - I was wrong about GermSage it's giving me a problem in the version 4 as well and I don't know why. It's like the menus are being displayed in "double vision" and the menu bar is like a shadow. Not sure why or if it's related to the other problems I'm having.....This is terribly frustrating...Maybe I need to do another uninstall and reinstall...Ideally I'm wondering if there's an easy way to remove all occurrences of Sage out of my registry for a totally clean install...

Mike
Old 12-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Administrator

v4.1.3 is the most recent release version. When you tried installing again, did you make sure to remove the old properties files & their autobackups? Clear out those files to start fresh. (Wiz.bin can usually stay, but you could move it to another dir if you want to try starting completely over.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Sage Icon

Honestly - I'm having so many problems right now I'm not sure where to being. I'm just

1. GermSage does not seem to work with either version 4 or 4.1.3.

2. Channels 31-53 are fuzzy.

3. I'm now getting a Java Exception error when the client tries to access the server.

It seems like the more I try to resolve one problem I wind up with more. I've already tried uninstalling the client, deleting the folder and reinstalling the client again. I think I'm going to have to uninstall the SageTV again as well. Not sure if that will help but I have already uninistalled and reinstalled the SageTV about 5 times.

Please help,
Mike
Old 12-20-2005, 09:47 PM
Sage Expert

first off... get rid of germsage...

not because it's good or bad, but you gotta test with a base system to figure out the other issues. Only once you get a nice stable system that's doing what you want it to do do you want to start playing with other stuff. Likewise, turn off the super secret extras if you have them on.

Once you got that................