SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-20-2005, 08:27 PM
Sage User

Hauppauge IR Blaster won't work in SageTV Service Mode

Hey everyone: I've got this wierd problem where my Hauppauge IR blaster won't work with Sage if Sage runs in service mode. It works fine in stand-alone mode, and with the Sage service running, the IR blaster stilll transmits signals to the cable box, it's just whenever Sage wants to change channels or anything, the IR blaster doesn't even send a signal (I can tell 'cause the LED doesn't light up). I have an official support call open on this one, and I just did a full re-install of all the drivers for my PVR-150, including the IR remote and blaster, and then re-installed Sage cleanly to 4.1.3. Any ideas?
Old 12-29-2005, 03:19 AM

I am having the same exact problem. I have just loaded Sage 4.1.3.67 and have not been able to get my IR Blaster working eiter, i reload all the haupauge drivers and reloaded Sage. I just came across your post so I disabled the sage service and started Sage in stand alone mode, now the IR blaster works perfect. Let me know if you find an answer to this problem. If i Buy Sage I want to use the Server/Client, if this is going to be a problem i will look into an another software package instead.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hmm, what version of irblaster are you using. I'm using sage in service mode with the happauge irblaster and the only problem I have is sometimes the box doesn't respond to the digits in a timely fashion and I'll have missed channels.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have had the same problem since I switched to version 4.... in version 2.2 I had no problems what so ever. I posted here, but no one seems to have an answer. I am using a USB UIRT. In normal mode it works, but in service mode it doesnīt do anything. I hope some one can fix this.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:00 AM
Sage User

Does anyone have any updates on this? I am also experiencing this exact same issue.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

I sent this problem to sage technical support to see if they can help. Maybe it is something simple we are overlooking, but if someone could help it would really be apreciated.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

hmm, that's interesting....I always have the front end running at the same time the service is running so I haven't had problems.

I will have to check to see if it happens with just the service.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

I also have the front running.

What happens is this.

If I run sagetv with service mode off, the server and the front end are the same process and you see the front end. Then the Ir blaster (usbuirt) works I can change channels and everything is dandy.

If I run service mode, then run sage, I get two processes. One for the server (or the service mode) and one for the front end. Still If I run the front end or not, It will not change channels either way so for me this mode is useless. What is strange, is that before version 4.0 it did work. So I donīt know what I am doing wrong, maybe it is just a permision or something dumb like that. But still it doesnīt work. It is driving me nuts.

This is the last bug I have to work out before I have a fully working setup.

I resolved that the best way to have a stable sagetv setup is to use the server just for server, and make clients independant. After having al sort of problems because a PVR350 tvout setup, it drove me crazy of all the random resets, green screens, purple screen, EOF etc. I stop using the PVR350 and all my problems ended. Trade up for a PVR500.

Right now I ordered 2 MVP Sage clients which are on their way and have another one here with me(still waitng for my client to MVP trade in license). Those work great. Stable Stable Stable. Did I mention it was stable? Anyway Iīve been with you guys since almost the begining and it almost becoming a "Set and Forget" experience. Keep up the good work

Ahhh and one more thing never give in to the DRM crap
Old 01-10-2006, 06:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

maybe something got messed up during the upgrade? I went from 2.2.8 and basically started from scratch with the properties file.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well I thought the smae thing.

First I did an upgrade, and that this did didnīt work.

Then I did a clean install, and it didnīt work.

What is curious, is that I have a backup of 2.2.8 before the upgrade. If I restore that, it does work. Go Figure????? I go back to 4.0 and it doesnīt work.

Wierd
Old 01-17-2006, 02:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well folks.. I fixed my problem in the most particular way.

It turns out that I recently bought three media extenders, so I could get rid of my pvr350 as a playback and capture device.

I removed the pvr350 card leaving the pvr500 I also have installed, and guess what, Service mode works again. I would have never expected this to fix my problem, but it did.

Wierd bug.

But that is how I fixed my problem. Not sure if it will help you guys but that is how I fixed my server.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Sage User

Unfortunately I am running just a single PVR150 at this time, so that won't work for me.

Thanks for sharing your solution though!!
Old 01-17-2006, 10:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Maybe removing the video sorce setup and returning it. That is one extra detail of what happened. When I removed the card the video source got messed up so I removed them and added them again.

Hope this works
Old 01-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

I too am having this exact issue with a pvr150.

and it was fine prior to upgrade to 4.1.36... waiting on a solution from sage on this. may try one of the beta releases to see if they've looekd into it... i have another thread on this but after reading this one, I realized what my problem is.

I killed the service mode and now channel changing works
XP Pro SP2, P4 2.6 ghz, 1GB RAM, 2 X 80GB seagate serial ATA barracuda HDDs,2 X 160 GB samsung silent parallel ATA HDDs, antec sonata v1.1, msi gforce 6600gt vivo, hpage pvr150, sagetv v5, harmony remote, hauppauge media mvp, USB UIRT, Bell Expressvu
Old 02-06-2006, 02:07 AM
Sage User

After upgrading to the latest beta version 4.1.6, I tried using service mode again and still find that channel changing does not work. Once back to regular mode, it works like a charm.

Does anyone from the Sage team have any comments on this?
Old 05-01-2009, 01:52 PM

Four years later and still no fix for this? I'm having the exact same problem right now.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:31 PM

Same Here

Anyone??? We could really use some help here.....
Old 06-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Sage Icon

I was told by Sage support that SageTV needed to be installed AFTER the Hauppauge IR software was installed and set up. So the had me uninstall SageTV and then reinstall it since the Hauppauge software had been installed after my SageTV setup. Uninstalling Sage doesn't effect the wiz.bin file or other important files, so you won't loose anything. But it did make it work.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 06-03-2009, 06:24 AM

Outstanding! Thank you.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgontarz View Post
Outstanding! Thank you.
So does that mean it worked for you, or you are just excited to have something to try?
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all