SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-21-2005, 12:11 PM
Sage User

Question SageTV Recordings ... from the future?

Hey everyone - here's a really wierd problem that's been cropping up lately. SageTV has, in its list of recordings, a bunch of shows that I would never record - shows in other languages, news, family shows, that definitely aren't in my favorites, and I have intelligent recording off. Furthermore, these recordings are dated in the future - they haven't happened yet. For example, it's December 21 today, and there's a show from the learning channel in spanish from December 28, 2005 showing up in my "SageTV Recording" section. If I view the recording info, the filename given is from a show I did record. If I try and watch it, I get the error that "No encoders could tune the selected station." Does anyone know what's going on here? It may or may not be related to a problem I just posted in the hardware support forum, here: http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=14870

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 12-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Sage Icon

i think i had something like this happen to me a while back. What version of Sage are you using? I think i just did a repair install and it fixed the problem. If not, save your wiz.bin's and properties and do a clean install.
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 12-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Sage User

I'm using 4.1.3. Here's the thing - it's off a clean install. Completely fresh sage.properties, the wiz.bin is from a previous install (that had this problem only recently as well). I suppose it could be a corrupt wiz.bin, but I couldn't for the life of me get Sage to recognize all my old recordings without giving it my old wiz.bin. I'll try a repair install, and see if that works:

Nope, I just did a repair install, and no luck.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Are these 'future' recordings linked to recordings made when you used a different wiz.bin -- perhaps one you used before you replaced it w/an older wiz.bin so the older recordings would be recognized? If so, that explains it, because the IDs are getting reused for that wiz.bin & the recordings use the same IDs based on a different wiz.bin.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Sage User

Oooh, good idea Opus. That could make sense. It's possible that's happening - I think I'll just delete those recordings from the future and see if it crops up any more. Thanks for the help (both of you).