SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Sage User

Is there a IR Remote mapping config file?

I just got a new Logitech 520 remote and I'm going to replace the Hauppauge 45 button.

I've noticed that SageTV will store up to 2 commands.

Is there a config file that I can either delete or clear out to get rid of all the stored commands for the old remote?

thanks
Old 12-27-2005, 09:19 PM

IR codes are in sage.properties and/or sageclient.properties.

the keys all start with 'ui/rc_mappings'

good luck.....
Old 12-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_romeo
IR codes are in sage.properties and/or sageclient.properties.

the keys all start with 'ui/rc_mappings'

good luck.....
Thanks Michael,

I found them in the sageclient.properties.

One more problem. After clearing out hauppauge mappings I then linked the Logitech remote. But I find that I still need to press some buttons twice to get SageTV to respond. And worst yet, now it takes double the actions sometimes.

From searching the forums awhile ago, I got the impression that this was a particular pecularity of the Hauppauge.

Am I missing something?

I running SageTV4.1, USB-UIRT, Logitech Harmony 520

Thanks
Old 12-29-2005, 12:08 AM
Sage User

I seem to have nipped the double press problem. I had to train both codes in SageTV.

The only thing now is the fact that the Harmony seems to send double signals for every button press. So I skip over some menu options.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourner753
The only thing now is the fact that the Harmony seems to send double signals for every button press. So I skip over some menu options.
I would think your remote could be programmed to send only 1 code for each press. If not you can try the following:

Completely shut down Sage and open the properties file. Look for:

infrared_receive_repeat_delay=250

Increasing it fixed my problem. You might have to play around with it a bit to get the proper setting. Too high and intentional multiple presses may not be recognized if they're too close together. Too low and Sage will read one press as two.

There is also:

infrared_receive_repeat_period=150

I don't think I had to change that one, but I can't remember for sure.

Last edited by blade; 12-29-2005 at 04:08 AM.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:01 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
I would think your remote could be programmed to send only 1 code for each press. If not you can try the following:

Completely shut down Sage and open the properties file. Look for:

infrared_receive_repeat_delay=250

Increasing it fixed my problem. You might have to play around with it a bit to get the proper setting. Too high and intentional multiple presses may not be recognized if they're too close together. Too low and Sage will read one press as two.

There is also:

infrared_receive_repeat_period=150

I don't think I had to change that one, but I can't remember for sure.
thanks blade,

I took infrared_receive_repeat_delay as high as 2000 simultaneously in sage.properties and sageclient.properties with no effect.

I'll try infrared_receive_repeat_period next by itself. Though I'm not sure if this one should be larger or smaller. I searched both the manual and the forums for reference to this field to no avail.

There is some reference to setting a Delay Between Codes on page 156 of the v4 manual but I'm still trying to find a way to get to that setting.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:51 AM
Sage User

Logitech Support Response

Just thought that I'd post my response from Logitech Support since it solved my dual reaction problem.

Quote:
Dear Phillip,

Thank you for your recent inquiry about your Harmony Remote

I apologize for any inconvenience this behaviour may have caused. The problem is a result of the number of times the Harmony sends a signal to the TiVo by default this value is regulated to 3, but for your device, this is apparently too many iterations. You can modify this number from the Home Page. Please follow the steps outlined below to resolve this issue.

From the Harmony Home Page
1) Click on Device
2) Click on the TiVo device
3) Choose the 'Troubleshoot' option and click «Next»
4) Indicate that you wish to use 'Show more problems' and click on «Next»
5) Choose the option labelled '... doesn't appear to receive every command correctly" and click on «Next»
6) Choose the option 'The device responds too much to some commands (for example, volume up increases the volume too quickly)' and click on the «Next» button.
7) On this page you can alter the number of repeats, set this number to 0 and click on «Save»
8) Update your remote for these changes to take effect

If you would like further information and other tips on customizing your remote please visit the FAQ portion of your Harmony member website. To access, Click “Support”, then click “FAQ” while logged in your harmony member page.

We hope that we were able to assist you in resolving this issue, however if you are still experiencing any difficulties with your Harmony Remote, please feel free to contact us again. Please click the link below for our support hours and contact information.

http://members.harmonyremote.com/Eas...5&Language=enu

Regards,

Harmony Technical Support
Old 01-08-2006, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourner753
Just thought that I'd post my response from Logitech Support since it solved my dual reaction problem.
Thanks... finding stuff like this on the Harmony site is difficult at best.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_romeo
Thanks... finding stuff like this on the Harmony site is difficult at best.
I know what you mean. Even this solution is perplexing. There is obviously some advanced settings that you can't get to except by going through the troubleshooting wizard.

Sometimes being computer savvy can be frustrating. A curse.