SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-29-2005, 08:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Lightbulb Feature Request: Pause SageTV/Instant Record

I would like to see a menu item called "Pause SageTV" that would pause all recording for a particular encoder.

I would use this feature when I wanted to watch a PPV or Music Choice channels. I would pause SageTv and then push the input button on my TV's remote control and run the cable box myself for a while. This could also be useful when you have guests (babysitter that watches MTV for 6 hours) so your guests would not load SageTV with crap recordings and/or alter Sage's "intelligence"; they would just get "normal" tv. The encoder would be configured in the advanced menu in case you had multiple encoders going, Sage would only need to pause one.

Right along with the feature, how about another button called "Instant Record" that would have Sage "pause" it's scheduled recordings like above, but start recording a new .mpeg based on whatever comes from the cable box. I would use this when I wanted to watch a PPV or HBO On Demand so I could record a movie that's not in the EPG. Of course, I would also like Sage to let me specify a file name.

I think these two features would be easy for Sage to implement and would help me maximize my $100/month to Time Warner.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Why wouldn't you just press "stop" and end the recodring? Anything you want to record is going to have to be setup in the EPG. I just let Sage do it's thing and switch inputs back to the cable box to watch PPV, OnDemand or HDTV.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcox
Right along with the feature, how about another button called "Instant Record" that would have Sage "pause" it's scheduled recordings like above, but start recording a new .mpeg based on whatever comes from the cable box. I would use this when I wanted to watch a PPV or HBO On Demand so I could record a movie that's not in the EPG. Of course, I would also like Sage to let me specify a file name.
I use a timed recording to record PPV or On Demand. I just pick any channel doesn't matter which just so that it must come from the STB and not analog. I set the time length in the timed recording for the length of the PPV or On Demand show plus a couple of minutes extra. Then I just navigate with the cable box remote and start the show. This works best on my HD cable box where the on screen dialogs do not show on the SVideo out but should work on others if it doesn't stay up too long.

BobP.