SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Sage Fanatic

Enable Extender option disappeared!?

Hello,

I have been using 4.0 and 4.0 client with Matt's plugin. I will need the license for another pc I am setting up, so I bought an MVP license and upgraded to 4.1.

In an effort to re-use my existing client license I ran the REGISTER command and entered no key. It said I must enter a key. I tried removing my name as well, still said I needed to make entries. I just hit cancel and hoped it worked.

I installed 4.1 on top of 4.0 and all seemed well. It loaded the new stv. I navigated around to make sure all looked well. It did. I also checked detailed setup, advanced and insured that server and client were enabled. They were.

In detailed setup I loaded sage MCE16x9 (which I had been using on both my sage box and Matt's mvp client). I then noticed that the entire "Enable Media Extender" option in advanced setup was gone. Not switched to disabled, but gone!

I go to start, run, sage, enter mvp license. I enter my license and it tells me it is good and stored. Still no option to enable extender in advanced setup.

I figure that having a client installed on the machine may be the problem. I try to un-install in control panel, but sage client is not even listed as an installed app. I try running the client but it will not run. I then just deleted the folder in windows explorer. Still no option to enable extender.

I re-run set-up and select repair installation. No change.

I uninstall sage. Re-install and swap in my wizbin, wizbak, and config files. No go.

I uninstalled sage. Deleted all sage/sage client files in windows explorer and the registry. I re-installed and went through setup. Now I again have the option to enable extender . I swap in my properties and wizbin/bak files. Option to enable extender is still there . I download the latest sage MCE16x9 and install. Option to enable is now gone again . I go to start--sage--enter extender license and enter license. It tells me license is good and stored. Still no go.

What gives????? What am I missing????

TIA

Jesse
Old 01-01-2006, 11:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
Hello,

I have been using 4.0 and 4.0 client with Matt's plugin. I will need the license for another pc I am setting up, so I bought an MVP license and upgraded to 4.1.

In an effort to re-use my existing client license I ran the REGISTER command and entered no key. It said I must enter a key. I tried removing my name as well, still said I needed to make entries. I just hit cancel and hoped it worked.
I'm not sure what you're trying to do here, you only use that option when you need to change the key on a client.

Quote:
I installed 4.1 on top of 4.0 and all seemed well. It loaded the new stv. I navigated around to make sure all looked well. It did. I also checked detailed setup, advanced and insured that server and client were enabled. They were.

In detailed setup I loaded sage MCE16x9 (which I had been using on both my sage box and Matt's mvp client). I then noticed that the entire "Enable Media Extender" option in advanced setup was gone. Not switched to disabled, but gone!
SageMC probably never added that option. You'll have to switch back to the stock STV to be able to use it (the gui option) until mlbdude adds it.

Just understand that not having the gui element has no impact on the actual functionality. If you enabled it in the stock STV, then it's still enabled with SageMC, you just can't turn it on/off in SageMC.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi stanger,

Quote:
SageMC probably never added that option. You'll have to switch back to the stock STV to be able to use it (the gui option) until mlbdude adds it.

Just understand that not having the gui element has no impact on the actual functionality. If you enabled it in the stock STV, then it's still enabled with SageMC, you just can't turn it on/off in SageMC.
Good to know, however it no longer appears in the stock stv either.

I guess since it was listed as "enabled" when it last appeared then I should fire up the mvp and see if it works.

I understand what you are saying about it not functioning in a custom stv. Do you have any idea why it would remove the option from the stock stv as well?

TIA

Jesse
Old 01-01-2006, 07:39 PM
SageTVaholic

The default stv is no longer an stv but an xml. If you chose to load SageTV3.stv you have loaded an older one that DOES NOT have the "Enable MVP server" button. Edit your properties file so you're loading SageTV3.xml.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
Good to know, however it no longer appears in the stock stv either.
Probably because you're not loading the newest "stock" STV . With 4.1 Sage went to the XML format STVs, and most/all previous STVs don't show you the XML ones in the list when you go to change. If you want to get back, change the properties file to SageTV3.xml
Old 01-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

Gentlemen,

It's all making sense now. Thanks for the help. I guess I will give the extender a try in the morning and make sure it works. If not I guess I will edit the prop. file and get back to the 4.1 stv (errr, xml).

Thanks again.

Jesse