SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Sage User

ActiSys IR-200 or USB-IRT?

Can someone please give me any pointers on getting SageTV 4.1 to successfully change channels on a Comcast PACE settop box using ActiSys IR-200 transmit/receive?

I have read throught the SAGE manual on this section many times and diligently followed the instruction step-by-step - including trying tap-tap, tap-press, etc. methods for getting the remote codes learned by SAGE through ActiSys but am running out of luck.

My problems are:
- Sometimes SAGETV hangs at the point where it first asks you to press any button on the remote while it is scanning the IR transmission
- Sometimes it gets past he above step and goes through the motion of learning the codes for buttons 0 through 9 but when you test the IR code, no codes are transmitted or only certain digit codes are transmitted (as seen in the settop box's response).

Would I have better luck with USB-IRT? Can someone give me any pointers here before I go spend the extra bucks? Also, is GIRDER necessary before one can use USB-IRT?

My objective is:
- To be able to connect the S-Video output of the STB to the input of the Hauppauge card on my PC
- To change the channel on SageTV using my mouse - and have it change the channel on the STB

THANKS!
Old 01-02-2006, 04:38 AM
Sage Icon

I have both the IR200L and the USB-UIRT. They both work the same in SageTV. The only difference is the IR200L uses serial port and the USB-UIRT uses USB port. The USB-UIRT also has option to control two additional devices.

I have a motorola DCT-2224 cable box and I use the preset DCT-2000 in Sagetv setup, so I didn't need to do anything special to get it to control the cable box. Once a while it misses a channel change, but overall, it works 99% of the time.

And no, Girder shouldn't be needed for SageTV to control your cable box.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:35 AM
Sage User

Thanks, Maya - At least it is encouraging to note that the mechanism works. It is now a question of me trying to get the SageTV/Actisys IR-200L combination to learn the codes. I simply cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I even went as far as uninstalling SageTV and re-installing it from scratch. Still no go.

Would it have something to do with the Comcast box remote control's IR being at a different frequency than what ActiSYS can receive?