SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-03-2006, 09:49 AM

Newbie Sage questions

Hi,

Hopefully someone can answer my quick questions that don't appear to be answered in the FAQ;

1) On the Client/MVP Client - if one person is already watching live tv, and another client connects to live tv on the same channel, will the additional client use the already in use tuner or use an additional tuner? Or to put it another way, if 3 clients all want to watch the same channel on live tv, would this require 3 tuners (as in GBPVR) or 1 tuner (As in Windows MCE)?

2) Will Sage wake the PC from S3 standby to record a scheduled recording?

3) Does a recording appear in the recordings area for every live TV programme you watch? When I tried the 15 day trial, a file appeared in the recordings list for live tv. Is this supposed to happed (seems a touch odd!)?

4) Is smooth vcr-style ff/rw really not available on the main pc, or have I misread? Seems like this function, present in all other PVR software, should be a basic facility.

5) Does the TVTV EPG for Europe properly intergrate with Sage as per Zap2it in the US, or is it just a web based bolt on?

TIA!
Old 01-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrphil
1) On the Client/MVP Client - if one person is already watching live tv, and another client connects to live tv on the same channel, will the additional client use the already in use tuner or use an additional tuner? Or to put it another way, if 3 clients all want to watch the same channel on live tv, would this require 3 tuners (as in GBPVR) or 1 tuner (As in Windows MCE)?
Live TV is a recording & multiple clients can watch the same recording, so just 1 tuner in this case... multiple tuners for multiple live tv channels.

Quote:
2) Will Sage wake the PC from S3 standby to record a scheduled recording?
SageTV will tell Windows' power management system when to wake for Manual Recordings or Favorites, but not Intelligent Recordings. (See p. 20 in the v4.1 PDF manual, found in your SageTV directory.)

Quote:
3) Does a recording appear in the recordings area for every live TV programme you watch? When I tried the 15 day trial, a file appeared in the recordings list for live tv. Is this supposed to happed (seems a touch odd!)?
I don't watch much live tv (just about none, really), but the show will be listed while it is recording. Afterwards, it may be listed if it is a full recording. Live TV should be automaticlaly deleted shortly after being recorded, or will be the first to go when more space is needed. See Appendix C in the manual, starting on p. 229 for v4.1.

Quote:
4) Is smooth vcr-style ff/rw really not available on the main pc, or have I misread? Seems like this function, present in all other PVR software, should be a basic facility.
It can be used on the MVP and with some DVD decoders, but not for recordings.

Quote:
5) Does the TVTV EPG for Europe properly intergrate with Sage as per Zap2it in the US, or is it just a web based bolt on?
It should list the channels inside SageTV, so you would configure it in Channel Setup and see your listings in the Program Guide.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:14 AM

Thats great, just to clarify this point:

Quote:
Live TV is a recording & multiple clients can watch the same recording, so just 1 tuner in this case... multiple tuners for multiple live tv channels.
How would this be handled. Would the clients go to "View Live TV", or would they have to find it amongst the other recordings? Personally, I don't watch much live tv either, but in our house we do often have one of the music channels on in the background on several tv's around the house.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Keeping in mind that I don't mess with live TV much... if you only have 1 tuner, "View Live TV" should begin playback of the currently recording live TV that is being watched elsewhere. If you have multiple tuners, then I'm not sure if it will automatically go to the same show. But, you could always pick it from the guide or list of recordings.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.