SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Sage Icon

Run MVP on secondary server?

Is there a way, or are there plans to allow the MVP clients to connect to a machine other than the main sage server for it's UI? My server runs a slower P4 proc, and between sage, SA and a couple other processes, it just doesn't have much more horsepower to run the MVP, let alone once Sage opens the transcoding functions. It would be nice if I could set up a beefier machine to run my MVP's (and possibly a SD client as well). I currently run a 2nd copy of Sage as a client and a network encoder, and would LOVE to have that PC drive my MVP (and any additional ones I put on the system). It's a much faster PC than my existing Sage server. And NO I'd rather not replace my Sage server machine, as it runs the functions well as is (aside from MVP). Upgrading it isn't really an option as far as proc (it's an old socket 423 machine, and uses regular SD-Ram, so if I were going to upgrade I would basically have to get a board, proc & memory).

That was one of the things I really liked about the older MVP plugin, could run it on a totally dedicated machine. Can't live without some of the fixes in the last 2 versions of Sage tho, so switching back to the 4.0 version is also out of the question.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

This is something I'd like to know about as well, for the same reason. I'm not aware of a way to get the MVP to run with a client, but maybe I'm wrong...

Andy.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:09 AM

what really be better is make 2 server act as one server like a master and slave mode.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS
what really be better is make 2 server act as one server like a master and slave mode.
I'll second this. I want to set up another server with OTA HD cards since my current server has no PCI slots left for more tuner cards. I would like the 2nd server to act as a slave to the main server and both should record only to local drives.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Sage Icon

As it is now, you can set up a second machine with server to house other PVR tuners, but it records to the same drives are the main server (you set it up in network encoder mode). I just hope they extend the ability to set up the slave server as a MVP extender .
Old 01-04-2006, 08:19 PM

I know I forgot about something