SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy Service connection lost with 4.1.4?

So here's a strange one...

Got an A180 card for Christmas, installed it in my HTPC which was running Sage 4.1.3 at the time, this was along with my existing PVR-150 card. After some messing with filters etc. all worked pretty well except for some reception issues.

So 4.1.4 comes out, I install it and Sage starts having a problem I've never seen before - when watching live TV, the picture will cut out and I get a message to the effect that "the connection to the Sage service has been lost". Somtimes I can watch a few moments of TV before this happens, other times it happens immediately. Same problem whether watching SD or HDTV.

Tried changing to different filters and some other settings like overlay/VMR, no luck. I have the most recent drivers for the A180 and PVR-150 cards, and a pretty recent version of the Catalyst drivers for the Radeon 9550 video card.

Tried uninstalling Sage and installing 4.1.3, problem went away.

System is a P4-3.0, Intel mobo, XP pro w/SP2, standalone.

Any ideas, anyone?

Eric Law
Old 01-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have been getting the same thing. Might be time for a bug report.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah and even worse - I found out last night when I tried to watch Stargate that going back to 4.1.3 did *not* completely solve the problem. Happens much less frequently, but still glitched about 15 times during 2 hours of viewing.

Eric Law
Old 01-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Sage Expert

I'm still running the last beta released before v4 final came out. I get the service error all the time.

it only started recently. So I think this is something to do with Sage's servers. But the program deals with it in a very non-elegant fashion. I mean stopping the current program because of a network connection problem is a HUGE pain in the ass, but just seems like an overly trivial technical issue. It's like a Monday morning prograqming mistake where a particular error condition just wasn't checked after implementing some new feature. Or perhaps an unchecked corner-case.

Annoying nonetheless. At least the crashes seem to have stopped. I haven't upgraded anything and what were daily crashes have simply vanished. Sage has been running for 15 days (since last manual reboot).

Bruno