SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Complete Sage Products Needed for Home PVR?

If this has already been answered, please point to the link.

I am new and confused as to all the of the Sage Prodcuts I need to put together a complete Home PVR system. Apart from the Server PC and hard wire networking in my house, what are all the products I need to connect 4 TV's? Here is what I got so far:

- 1 SageTV Media Center (Software for my PC Server)
- 4 SageTV Media Extdenders ( one for each TV in my house )
- 1 SageTV Recorder

Anything else missing from the Sage part? Also, without the SageTV recorder, I can't record any shows?
Old 01-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Administrator

You do not need SageTVRecorder. SageTV itself handles all recording duties when all the tuners are on the server PC & Recorder is a product that is becoming obsolete. If the server is near a TV, it could run one of the TVs too, unless you want to get it into another room so you don't have the PC noise next to your TV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123
If this has already been answered, please point to the link.

I am new and confused as to all the of the Sage Prodcuts I need to put together a complete Home PVR system. Apart from the Server PC and hard wire networking in my house, what are all the products I need to connect 4 TV's? Here is what I got so far:

- 1 SageTV Media Center (Software for my PC Server)
- 4 SageTV Media Extdenders ( one for each TV in my house )
- 1 SageTV Recorder

Anything else missing from the Sage part? Also, without the SageTV recorder, I can't record any shows?
I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way..

You need a number of tuners to support the viewing + recording of additional shows while watching another. The final number will depend on usage of the TVs. Also, you may want to invest in a signal amplifier/really good splitter for best results. (If you happen to get the PVR-500 cards, I found the best results with drivers from 2/2005)

You will also need a different MPEG decoder if you will want to watch commercial DVDs from your PC.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
You need a number of tuners to support the viewing + recording of additional shows while watching another. The final number will depend on usage of the TVs.
This only applies if you expect to watch different live TV channels simultaneously. If you are just watching prerecorded shows, you can get by with a single tuner... though multiple tuners are still nice for eliminating conflicts if you record a lot of shows.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thank you all for the info.