SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-07-2006, 12:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sage Client Video Problems

I'm trying to get a sage client to play back some video and I keep getting studdering problems. I first thought it was hardware (600Mhz processor and 802.11g network). But I have now got the client laptop running via 100mb lan and have FFDshow codec running which has the processor below 100% at all times. The studder however is still there.

I'm playing a couple of Divx files and one DVD ripped to the Harddrive. The Divx studders during playback and over a period of time the video will often fall behind the audio b/c of these. The audio never studders and never slows down.

With the client hooked up to 100mb LAN I played the same video files over the network with Windows Media Player and saw about 60% CPU usage and perfect play back.

So where do I go now? It looks like the CPU is fine (low CPU usage during playcak) and I've taken the 802.11G out of the equation. So this has to be a software issue right? I would keep playing with codecs but since Windows Media Player didn't have a problem I didn't think that was it.

I'll do some more testing this weekend I'm just not sure what to test next.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:12 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to Guyverix Send a message via Yahoo to Guyverix
possible stuff to try...

I ran in to issues like this after a format, and remembered that some machines that come pre-loaded with Windows have application accelerator programs. My Dell did, and once I installed the accelerator my problems were fixed. How is divx looking in overlay mode? Also try the default sage codecs with the default settings.