SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Sage User

Problems with Current Ver. 4 release - How can I get back to 2.1

After more than a year with 2.1, I tried the current release from Sage website a few days ago. It installed OK and seemed fine, until I noticed even after I put it in standy, the next day I would find it on the task bar running a black (full) screen and not responding to remote or keyboard commands. Must use Ctrl/Alt/Del to bring up and task manager and either close or switch to Sage, after which it seems OK.

Then I came in and had "No Signal" when I tried to watch LiveTV. After spending hours running all kinds of remove/install/update driver, hcwclear, etc... it still doesn't work (PVR-150). Even with WinTV2000 it will not display any video until I hit record (but at least then I know I have S-video image to the card).

I can't think of anything else to try other than getting 4.1 off and going back to 2.1. Does anyone have any suggestions to address my problems or maybe point me to a "how to" for going back (and where I can get the prog). I'd hate to lose all my info but I'm willing because it used to be stable. OS is Win2k. I've never used any Betas, only released 2.1 and newest 4.1 from Sage website. I don't have any extra features installed either.

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:37 PM
Sage User

I'm bumping this because I still may want to roll back to 2.1 and need to know how. i.e. can I do this:
Save sage.properties and wiz.bin and irremote.ini
Use "Add/Remove" to remove SageTV (I don't have client or anything else)
Install Sage 2.1
Replace the (3) files listed above with those saved from prior installation.

Will this work OK? Will I still have all my TV icons, channel setup, history of watched shows, TV Card setup, overscan setting, etc..

My no signal problem was my own fault of not setting up the card properly after updating the PVR-150 driver. I eventually had to reinstall card with old driver because audio was poor/shrill sounding.

After finally getting the card tweaked again for a decent picture, I still have the black screen issue with Sage 4.1, and now it also has an awful audio/video sync issue, where it seems to play OK as long as don't FF or RW, then it seems to lose audio (intermittently), but I can keep hitting play or pause till I get sound (although sometimes it's only left or right speaker and skips center speaker). Then the video seems to FF on it's on to catch up to the sound. I've recently installed a USB drive, but I've tried playing recordings off my internal drive and it's the same. Tried all different combinations of audio decoder/renderer combinations.

It ran fine with practically no hiccups for over a year. Been so long since I messed with it I had forgotten about having to use the 150 Tweaker, FFD show and all that. Now I just wish I had left it at 2.1 and my PVR-150 old driver (which has been reinstalled).

Sorry to ramble - but main thing is my questions about going back to 2.1.

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:50 PM
SageTVaholic

From what I understand (but I could be wrong), the sage.properties and wiz.bin files from version 4 are not compatible with version 2, so you cannot copy then over after installing v2.

I know thats not what you wanted to hear. But, on the bright side, Sage does automatically make a copy of your sage.properties and wiz.bin files every time you upgrade. So, assuming you haven't deleted your Sage directory since initially upgrading from version 2, you should have files like "wiz.bin.SageTV v2.2.8" in your SageTV directory. You could use those you get some of your information back. Of course, anything you've done since upgrading to v4 will be lost.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie14
You could use those you get some of your information back. Of course, anything you've done since upgrading to v4 will be lost.
If you do revert back, any new recordings should not be completely lost, but not listed in the recordings area. They should show up as "imports" and be watchable, just not have all the info that normal recordings have.