SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Sage User

Encoded file has wrong time on it

I have a 5.9 G file that claims that its 20:48. It should be Two Hours.

I'm using a PVR-150 and sage is configured to record at "Best" 3.0 G/hr so I'd expect that it would be 2 hours long.

Winamp and Windows Media Player both report 20:48 yet, more than 20 minutes after it's playing, the file continues to play for the entire period.

This causes Sage's bar to report 2 hours but ff and forward skip all over the place.

I've only seen this after upgrading to pvr150_base_driver_2_23258.

Anyone know where this little problem is coming from?

(Sage TV Version 4.1.3)

Last edited by WhollyMindless; 01-10-2006 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Sage User

Are you serious that I'm the only one seeing this? Strange. I am on the latest drivers so maybe this is a new "feature".

I'll keep looking! This tends to happen only on files over 1 hour, but happens at least daily. What I think is strange is that the file can be played to its recorded length, but jump/skip within the file doesn't work terribly well - especially backwards. I've got a file right now that hitting the jump forward 10 seconds causes the system to begin playing at the beginning of the file. So, not only do I not get to skip commercials, I have to watch the whole file.

Could I be looking for an answer in the wrong place? I thought the "hardware" (PVR-150) was responsible for encoding files that's why I started here.

Another thing I've learned is that attempting to re-encode the file didn't get me anywhere. I tried to re-encode to divx and although it did generate a file, the file was so pixellated that it was effectively unviewable. (it also reported the short time).

I have changed the recording quality from Best to Great to see if that changes anything but I'm not seeing it.

I've got two 1 hour shows that reports 43 and 49 minutes yet both are almost exactly the same length. Even VLC reports the wrong duration.

Last edited by WhollyMindless; 01-13-2006 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:19 AM
SageTVaholic

A few others have had this problem before. If you search the forums you should be able to find some information on it.

I've never had the problem, but my suggestion would be to rollback to the drivers you were using when it was working properly. I have a couple of PVR-500's and I just use the driver that came on the CD and have never had any problems.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:28 AM

The only thing you can do is del the file something must have gone wrong when it was recording there nothing you can do to fix it but if happing all time then drop back to older set of drivers to see that helps if not then you some other kind problem.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:55 PM
Sage User

I don't have the older drivers, but I did try the latest release. Maybe I just need to set up a re-encoder...