SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-17-2006, 07:23 AM

Sage client stutters/runs video in slow-motion

I've got a new installation of SageTV server on a new PC. I've successfully used the Client on another PC in the house - a 4-year-old 800MHz box - and it works well over the 802.11g network.

Now, I've just installed the client on my laptop - an IBM T42 (2.2GHZ, 1GBRAM, ATI Mobility Fire T2 128MB video). When
I try to play video from the server (using any of the playback settings int he configuration wizard), the video runs in stuttering slow-motion. It's not stuttering like network congestion or being CPU-bound (only 23% utilization) -- it's a constant ongoing stutter of the audio combined with a slow frame rate of the video, with the interruptions slowing the overall running speed of the video by 50% or so.

It does not matter what my screen resolution is set to, and setting/disabling hardware acceleration has no effect. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Larry
Old 01-17-2006, 07:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had a similar problem with the playback on my client.... i was using the cyberlink dvd decoder... then i installed the nvidia pure dvd and it fix that problem for me, now i see a better picture quality... im using P4 computer laptop with a 10/100 lan cable connection, and the server is a celeron 2.8 with 1 gig mem.