SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Record current show?

Mmm.. I searched the manual and couldn't find the answer.

When watching a current Live Tv Show, how do you record it.

When I press record, it sounds like the hard drive is starting the recording. I press Stop and then go to my SageTV recordings and I don't see it there.
I must be missing something, this seems like a stupid questions unless I found a bug.

Couple questions:

Do I need to REWIND the show to record a live tv program (the buffer)?

If I rewind a show, press record then fast foward through the show, does it still record?
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder
Old 01-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Administrator

While watching live tv, you are already recording the show. To turn it into a Manual Recording that will be saved for future viewing, use the Record command.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

So.. if your tunne to a channel and start view the program for 30 mins, and then your realize, jezz i like this program, and you hit record, it saves the entire show, or only save at the moment i press record?
Old 01-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Administrator

It saves the entire recording, not just from that point on.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Still no go

Ok, I've looking into this more and my setup is not working correctly.

Watching a livetv show, I press the red record button (hauppauge 45 remote) for 5 minutes then press the stop button.

I then go to recorded shows section of SageTV and the show is not there or listed. Not even in the archived secion either. I am NOT using intelligent recording so livetv shows are deleted.

Could this be the problem?
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder
Old 01-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Administrator

What STV are you using? Pressing the Record button during playback should bring up a dialog where you can choose to Record the show (or just press Record again). It will then turn it into a ManuL Recording & continue recording that show, as it was doing already, until the end of the airing... unless you use the Record command again & choose to change the end time by adjusting the recording.

Using Stop does not stop the recording, it just stops playback. (It will stop recording if it is still simply live TV, though.)

- Andy
Old 01-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, it's definitly not working for me. I don't have a dialog box come up when I hit record (red 45 button hauppauge). What is the commond on the keboard for RECORD?

I'm using Extra Features default sagetv, Dynamic Menus, ShowAnalyzer, Imdb search, RSS reader, Christweak, Webserver2.3
Old 01-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Administrator

All commands and their default keystrokes are listed atthe end of Chapter 5 in the manual; Record defaults to Ctrl+Y.

Oh -- if you are using the default STV, in Detailed Setup -> Customize, id "Use expanded options for the Record command" enabled? If not, you won't get the dialog, it will simply toggle Manual Recording status for the show.

- Andy