SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Playback Error Capture Error in playback:

So I was working a little on the barber poling problem on the PVR-500 that I just bought and some of us have been noticing bad quality video on, trying to figure out if it was just the 500 that was looking bad or if it was affecting all the cards in my computer. Wouldn’t you know it, my system self-destructed and now it won’t playback video.

I had originally stated with 2 PVR-150s and recently added a PVR-500 and noticed the barber poling effect that others have been noticing on the play back. So what I was doing is simply removed the 2 tuners of the 500 from being set up in sage. They were still installed but just not registered for use with sage. So I hadn't quite gotten to really reviewing the playback because I only had the 500 unregistered for like a day. Then I realized I had to get it back in sage to get my wife's 3 shows today. So I set up the first tuner, and everything went fine. Then I set the second tuner up to work off the tuner and it pulled a video preview up. Then as I was hitting the accept button at the bottom to accept the tuner as the input source it froze and the screen went blank, and it all went downhill from there. I had been having some issues with little hangs and odd things like this before so I just thought I get out and restart it and try again. Well, after the restart I tried to install the other tuner and I got the error:

“There was a Capture Error in playback. Details: ERROR (-3,0x80070005): There was a problem accessing the filesystem for capture.”

So, I tried to go to live TV and I had the same problem with the PVR-150s being the only thing installed. And then I tried to play back some video files, and same error with playback message popped up. It also looks like viewing my shows on the shared folder from other computers that any show I tried to access to playback after my problem has not become broken to the point where all I get is a few seconds of black playback and then the media player hangs. The other shows that I haven’t tried to play back yet are still able to be watched through media player from other computers.

So, any help will be appreciated. I will try to futily fined a solution, but as the problem stands right now this error happens anytime I try to watch some playback through sage.

So far I have tried changing from VMR9 back to overlay. Have disabled 3D acceleration. Tried to reinstall repair option of sage over the top of sage. Right now I am working on completely removing sage and trying to reinstall it while only keeping my shows file.

Other things I have changed lately, yeah, I know, stupid me for changing more than one thing at a time:
- Added the PVR-500 card
- Changed out a GeForce III for a Leadtek GeForce A6200 TDH
- Upgraded to XP from 2000 (partially because of 500 card designed for XP and a little future proofing for a machine I plan on keeping for a while)

Other Items I have been having issues with:
-Sage seemed to work fine when we use it, but for some reason when we would turn off the TV which I didn’t check to see what I happened when we turned it off. The issue was when we turned it back on to watch like the next day when I tried to watch live TV it would try to play it then go blank after a few seconds then lock up…a force quit of sage and then starting sage again would solve this until the next time.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:51 AM
Sage User

I have that problem with the "unable to access filesystem" error all the time. It's at the point after clean installs and everything that the WAF is almost zero and am seriously considering alternatives if I can't resolve this soon.

There are a number of other mentions of this playback/filesystem error in here but no potential solutions or reasons why.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK, well I'm still having all sorts of other freaky problems, I guess that will teach me to change to much stuff at one time. In fact I was just deleting files while they were playing back and sage seems to have stumbled on itself as I have gotten the busy icon for the last 5 minutes without being able to get anywhere else yet...Kind of sucks...

Anyway, found out the issues I was having was becuase of the file sharing. I don't know that much about it because a friend fixed it for me, but he even said windows shouldn't have screwed it up...not sure if it is because sage accesses files in a certain way or what. So, what had happened is I had enabled file sharing on the computer to share my sage recordings directory so I could get to them from other computers on the network if I wanted to...to make DVDs or whatever. Anyway, somehow during that enabling process the permission for sagetv to actually access the directory was freaking changed to not be allowed...I don't know how to set these local permissions, but any one else having trouble with this might look into their local permissions stuff. So, it is able to record now, if I could just get rid of these other glitchy problems I would be much happier...