SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

how did you record programs on ppv channels?

how can you people record movies or sports from the ppv channels? it has no epg data...

im currently using DishNetworks lineup...
Old 01-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Sage User

This sounds like something the Girder software can handle. But it will require some programming knowledge to write scripts to do what is needed.

I use Girder to change channels on my C-band satellite by sending codes to the receiver. This is done when SageTV is set to change channels or record a program. Girder sends the needed IR signales to my 4DTV receiver to move the dish and enter passwords if needed.

Just search this site for the word "Girder" and start reading.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:12 AM
Sage Fanatic

This is the one thing Sage desperately needs. The problem is guide data for PPV's aren't available via Zap2it (Sage's quide info provider) and so there is nothing to populate the guide with.

We have determined that PPV data IS available from TitanTV, but nobody has come up with a way to scrape the data from TitanTV and merge it with the data from Zap2it. I suspect that there may be some technical reason why it can't be done, but MANY people would sure be happy if it could be.

-PGPfan
Old 01-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Don't know if this will help you but with directv I order the channel through the web and they list the channel it is playing on. I tell Sage to record that channel and it is done.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

YUP. FYI .. if you order the PPV from web then all boxes you own can view or record the program. If you order it from the TV using the remote then ONLY that TV can view it. Kinda of strange but I thought I would pass that on.

At least that is the way it is here in my house hold.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:07 AM
Sage Icon

Then it should be possible to use Studio and a bit of programming and write something that you can use to do the web order from inside Sage. Maybe even pickup the schedule info from your order and set a recording up.

I don't have D* nor am I a programmer but it sounds like a good request for one of the great customizers around here.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there any way to get the epg data from the ppv channels... and just curiosity, why cant sagetv nor btv can get that data?