SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Sage

Talking Beta DVBT Support in SageTV V4.1.5

Surprise, surprise....there's DVB-T support in SageTV V4.1.5.

This is a BETA feature, so please provide feedback on it. To enable it, you'll need to find the property dshow_tv_type in your Sage.properties file and set it to be "DVBT". There'll be one for each capture source in the PC (it's OK to set it to DVBT for non-DVB cards; that property setting will only have a negative affect if you're using an ATSC card in the US).

Here's an example of a property like that:

mmc/encoders/238274929838/dshow_tv_type=DVBT

If you're using TVTV for your EPG data, then you should be ready to go!

(SageTV won't create the .frq file in V4.1.5, this is fixed for V4.1.6 when it becomes available)
Otherwise, if you're using XMLTV, do scanning channel, all scanning data is saved into *.frq file for every selected tuner.
Users also can manually build(edit) frq file for their tuners with third party scan-channel utility such as popular ScanChannelBDA on SageTV created default frq file.

I've attached an example .frq file to this post.

If you have any issues; please report bugs at http://sagetv.com/bugs.html

Currently, this has been tested with the following cards:

Technotrend DVB-T 1300
Cinergy 2400i DT Capture

Any BDA capable DVB-T card should function. Please provide feedback on what your hardware is if you're testing this feature.

Thanks for your support!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Cinergy 2400i DT Capture 1-0.zip (472 Bytes, 449 views)
Old 01-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Sage Icon

Talking

I currently have two Cinergy 2400i DT cards running on this build (so 4 DVBT tuners!), works perfectly...

Also had Hauppauge PVR USB2 working at one point, just don't need it any more.

Picture is great. Sage is great...

I'm in the UK, couldn't get TVTV working, just seemed to serve me analogue lineups, but using with XMLTV without scanning.

Thanks go to the team at Sage for implementing this great feature!

Rick
Old 01-20-2006, 01:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
Wow!! Talk about pulling a rabbit out of a hat!

And I was just exploring the alternative ways of implementing DVB-T!
Old 01-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Fantastic news - thanks very much!

Now, if DVB-S (and DVBS-2) get in, all my prayers will be answered.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:31 AM
Sage Expert

Yeah, DVB-S and my backyard becomes an antenna farm
Old 01-21-2006, 06:02 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
I currently have two Cinergy 2400i DT cards running on this build (so 4 DVBT tuners!), works perfectly...

Also had Hauppauge PVR USB2 working at one point, just don't need it any more.

Picture is great. Sage is great...

I'm in the UK, couldn't get TVTV working, just seemed to serve me analogue lineups, but using with XMLTV without scanning.

Thanks go to the team at Sage for implementing this great feature!

Rick
Hello Rick,

I'm currently building my first PVR. I have a PVR 350 and a WIN TV 1300. I'm not familair with the Cinergy 2400i DT cards.

Do they support the terresterial channels and freeview? IF so where can I puchase them?

Cheers

PP
Old 01-21-2006, 06:57 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex

This is a BETA feature, so please provide feedback on it. To enable it, you'll need to find the property dshow_tv_type in your Sage.properties file and set it to be "DVBT". There'll be one for each capture source in the PC (it's OK to set it to DVBT for non-DVB cards; that property setting will only have a negative affect if you're using an ATSC card in the US).

Here's an example of a property like that:

mmc/encoders/238274929838/dshow_tv_type=DVBT

If you're using TVTV for your EPG data, then you should be ready to go!

(SageTV won't create the .frq file in V4.1.5, this is fixed for V4.1.6 when it becomes available)
Otherwise, if you're using XMLTV, do scanning channel, all scanning data is saved into *.frq file for every selected tuner.
Users also can manually build(edit) frq file for their tuners with third party scan-channel utility such as popular ScanChannelBDA on SageTV created default frq file.

I've attached an example .frq file to this post.

If you have any issues; please report bugs at http://sagetv.com/bugs.html

Currently, this has been tested with the following cards:

Technotrend DVB-T 1300
Cinergy 2400i DT Capture

Any BDA capable DVB-T card should function. Please provide feedback on what your hardware is if you're testing this feature.

Thanks for your support!

Hi Jeff,

Great job on the coding.

I recently purchased a Hauppauge Win TV 1300 card (UK market only), to compliment my Huappauge 350 PVR. I believe the WIN TV has the same chipset as some of the other Hauppauge cards.

The 350 works well. However I get the following error meesage when I try to set up the 1300:

"There was a capture error in playback. Details: ERROR (-2,0x80004005): There was a problem using a Sage Tv component. Please re-install the Sage application."

Should I consider dumping the 1300 for a Cinergy 2400i DT Capture?

PP
Old 01-22-2006, 12:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Previously No Joy here in Oz.. I tried the following three cards with their latest BDA driverset :

* Hauppauge NOVA-T ( Pre-Aug04 )
* DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T USB
* TwinHan VisionPlus DVB-T Card (VP3021)

They all failed to tune with SageTV and return 'No Signal' on multiple channels on multiple machines. Other BDA compatible software on the machines, including ScanChannelsBDA and MyTheatre scan/tune correctly.

I retried this evening with the NOVA-T and it works , although the channels that are rendered don't appear to correspond to the channels in the program guide. My issue now appears to be the mapping between the channels in the frequency file versus the XMLTV channel lineup source and channels that I have remapped. Any help in sorting this out would be appreciated! Thanks & Great work by the way!

Cheers

Peter

Last edited by peterjb; 01-23-2006 at 02:44 AM.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Pork Chop
Don't dump your 1300 just yet.
The Cinergy is the only card currently functioning.
Won't be long before the all the others are supported.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:24 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Chop
Hi Jeff,

Great job on the coding.

I recently purchased a Hauppauge Win TV 1300 card (UK market only), to compliment my Huappauge 350 PVR. I believe the WIN TV has the same chipset as some of the other Hauppauge cards.

The 350 works well. However I get the following error meesage when I try to set up the 1300:

"There was a capture error in playback. Details: ERROR (-2,0x80004005): There was a problem using a Sage Tv component. Please re-install the Sage application."

Should I consider dumping the 1300 for a Cinergy 2400i DT Capture?

PP
Okay, so I forgot to change the property file to DVBT. I've now done that and the origianl error message disappears.

I scanned for channels in the source set-up which seemed to work.

I then tried to view a channel (BBC1) and the following message appeared:

"There was a Playback error in playback. Details: sage.playbackexception:Error(-4,0x80040217: There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback"

Any thoughts?
Old 01-22-2006, 04:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
sage.playbackexception:Error(-4,0x80040217: There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback"
Post the BBC1 line from the FRQ file, and your sage.properties. You can submit a bug report too via the forums.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'm not familair with the Cinergy 2400i DT cards.
Do they support the terresterial channels and freeview? IF so where can I puchase them?
Well, it's a DVB-T card so it's Freeview, you'll get all the freeview channels, and it has two tuners. I don't know why anyone would want to get analogue terrestrial in their PVR, but if that's what you're asking, it doesn't, just two freeview.

Get them from the usual online retailers, e.g. dabs.com.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Oz Update

I now have have both my NOVA-T and Divco FusionHDTV working. I've attached my frq file for Canberra ( Black Mtn ). The only problems I currently have is that reception of any channel with an AC3 soundtrack does not work ( in fact it sometimes freezes SageTV ) and for some reason you need to keep the bandwidth set to 8 rather than the 7 used in Oz. If you set it to 7, some of the channels cease to tune/render.

I also still haven't sorted out the xmltv to channel mapping - but that can wait until tomorrow!

Cheers

Peter
Attached Files
File Type: txt Canberra (Black Mtn).txt (334 Bytes, 367 views)

Last edited by peterjb; 01-23-2006 at 05:00 AM.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjb
I've attached my frq file for Canberra ( Black Mtn ).
Good stuff.
Do your frequencies all *really* end in 500? Sage did that for mine too, but I changed them for the real frequencies (which end in 000 or 166).
Old 01-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'm not familair with the Cinergy 2400i DT cards.
Sorry, one important feature I forgot to mention, this card is PCI Express x1, not PCI. So you can use those previously-useless PCIe slots, but not if you don't have them...
Old 01-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I also still haven't sorted out the xmltv to channel mapping - but that can wait until tomorrow!
That bit's easy: delete the tuner, re-add the tuner, apply your XMLTV lineup, do not scan, remap the channels from your lineup to the numbers in the file. The FRQ file won't be changed unless you scan the channels.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Good stuff.
Do your frequencies all *really* end in 500? Sage did that for mine too, but I changed them for the real frequencies (which end in 000 or 166).
Yes they do really end in 500.. I checked them against the details for Canberra at http://www.dba.org.au . The ABC has actually moved from 205500 to 205625, but still works if you tune 205500. Go Figure..

Thanks for the xmltv tip - It works a treat!

Cheers

Peter

Update : More wierdness with Channel tuning - My NOVA-T will scan/tune the ABC on 205625 but fails on 205500 - But My Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T USB fails on 205625 - But will on 205500!!!

Last edited by peterjb; 01-24-2006 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The ABC has actually moved from 205500 to 205625, but still works if you tune 205500.
Yes, a lot of mine worked (e.g. BBC1 on 960000 worked when using 960500), but some did not, and I received no signal until I changed them, so if anyone else is having trouble it's worth checking the frequencies...
Old 01-25-2006, 04:28 PM
Sage User

Cinergy 1400 DVB-t Issues

Quote:
Sorry, one important feature I forgot to mention, this card is PCI Express x1, not PCI. So you can use those previously-useless PCIe slots, but not if you don't have them...
Hi Rickgillyon,

I looked at the Cinergy 2400, but my board does not support PCI express. However I did buy a Cinergy 1400 DVB-t card which is way better than any of the Hauppauge cards I've bought to date.

THe problem I have is that when I try to add a new device the following error message is generated:
"There was a capture error in playback. Details: Error (-4,0x0): There was a problem using the capture device. Please be sure you have the latestdrivers installed for your capture device, and that they are installed correctly"

I've added the DVB-t change to the Sage propoerty files and re-installed the application but no joy.

Any thoughts?

PP
Old 01-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Cinergy 1400 DVB-t card which is way better than any of the Hauppauge cards I've bought to date.
I think for DVB, the Terratecs are very good.

Quote:
"There was a capture error in playback. Details: Error (-4,0x0)
"0x0" is funny, because obviously it's not an error, it's zero (hex zero = zero).

Is this at the "Preview" stage, when you first add the card and it is trying to show a preview window? If so, ignore it and go on to Scan Channels and see what it finds. IIRC, you get that error if the first channel Sage tries to scan has no signal, which is entirely likely...once you have scanned and it has built a FRQ file, things may improve.