SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-26-2006, 02:02 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
I think for DVB, the Terratecs are very good.

"0x0" is funny, because obviously it's not an error, it's zero (hex zero = zero).

Is this at the "Preview" stage, when you first add the card and it is trying to show a preview window? If so, ignore it and go on to Scan Channels and see what it finds. IIRC, you get that error if the first channel Sage tries to scan has no signal, which is entirely likely...once you have scanned and it has built a FRQ file, things may improve.

Cheers rickgillyon,

The error occurs when I try to add the card. I'll follow your advice and scan for channels inside SageTV.

I'll try this later tonight.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:50 AM
Sage Icon

Are the card's BDA(for MS MCE) Drivers installed?

BTW Let us know how it works out, I am also interested in the same card.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Sage Expert

Here's another request for DVB-S support. I was considering adding an additional PVR500 dual-tuner cable card but would much rather add a pair of DVB-S cards instead.

Of course with better sources I hope there's a way to set a preference for which card/lineup will be used to record from first.

Bruno
Old 02-03-2006, 06:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedMelon
Of course with better sources I hope there's a way to set a preference for which card/lineup will be used to record from first.
Already there. Each tuner has an "encoder_merit" property in sage.properties, the higher the merit, the higher the preference.

With DVB-T here now, I can't believe DVB-S and DVB-C is that far away...
Old 03-02-2006, 02:47 AM
Sage User

DEC3000s??

Being completely new to SAGE, maybe a stupid question to start with!
I like to use SAGE with a Hauppauge DEC3000s to replace Showshifter.
Is that or will that be supported?? (I don't think the DEC3000s has BDA drivers, the driver used is called STP_PC_S.bin)

On the same question to SageTV Support <support@sagetv.com> I received the following encouraging answer:

Currently it is not supported. There is beta support that is currently under
way. http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15580
Old 03-02-2006, 03:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Laja
I like to use SAGE with a Hauppauge DEC3000s to replace Showshifter. ...On the same question to SageTV Support <support@sagetv.com> I received the following encouraging answer:
Currently it is not supported. There is beta support that is currently under way. http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15580
Sadly Support has misled you, probably they didn't really grasp what a DEC3000S is. Current beta development is for DVB-T not DVB-S, there is no official support for DVB-S (maybe after DVB-T is released?).

You will have to use a plugin such as SBDARecorder by Anders, look here. However, even that plugin will require BDA drivers so I suggest you contact Hauppauge support for BDA Drivers. In addition I think Anders is still testing with DVB-S, so it may be a bit hit-and-miss at first!

If no drivers you could try the MyTheatre plugin here, but in that case you have to buy both Sage and MyTheatre, which makes it a bit pricey.