SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Sage User

Help with Hauppauge 35 button remote

Hello all.....
I've been a Sage user for over a year now and have been lurking on the forum for just as long. I must say the depth of knowledge and the amount of commitment has truly impressed me!
Sadly, this weekend my Sage TV app conked out. I reloaded the newest drives and suggested apps from Hauppauge (after using HWCLEAR) and now my 35 button remote is inop.
I'm using the PVR 350 for capture and for TV out. I was able to get some functions by using my wireless keyboard but I tried using the Menu button on the remote and it crashed the computer. I have been using the PC as a dedicated PVR with just the TV connected. I've tried reloading the newest IR executable from Hauppauge but no joy. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 01-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT
I reloaded the newest drives and suggested apps from Hauppauge (after using HWCLEAR) and now my 35 button remote is inop.
I did the same thing. What has happened the

irremote.ini

file was "updated" when you installed the new PVR drivers, and no longer has the custom sage commands.

If you don't have a backup, send me a private message, and I'll upload mine.

Better, would be if someone at SageTV would put the latest and greatest on the web site, so anyone could get at it.

If I could figure it out, I'd at least change the script so that when Sage is sleeping or unloaded, it would either load it, or wake it up. Maybe someone at SageTV would do that before putting it on the site.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Administrator

The SageTV FAQ thread & my sig lines have links to various ini files for the Hauppauge remote, along with other info about that remote (and a link to the FAQ thread).

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:42 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
The SageTV FAQ thread & my sig lines have links to various ini files for the Hauppauge remote, along with other info about that remote (and a link to the FAQ thread).

- Andy
Thanks Andy, I downloaded the file from your sig line and it worked!
I had looked at that thread several times but I thought it was for the 45 button remote so I ignored it.
I've looked at so many threads about the remotes and the new features that it makes my head swim. Do you know of a thread (or link) that lists what can be done to the remotes by model?
Anyway... Thanks again.
Mike
Old 01-24-2006, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT
Do you know of a thread (or link) that lists what can be done to the remotes by model?
In what way?

The PDF manual has a picture of the remote layouts w/their buttons' command assignments.

All the Hauppauge remotes use irremote.ini & I documented that in post 1 of link 1 in my sig lines.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.