SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Sage Icon

MVP output signal

Does anyone know if there is anything non-standard about the video output of the MVP?

My TV only has 2 inputs, coaxial and composite. When I connect the MVP to the composite and switch to that input the TV leaves a menu onscreen indefinately. Any other source such as my xbox and the TV closes the menu after a few sec.

If nothing is connected than the menu stays onscreen the same as when the MVP is connected so I am wondering if the TV isn't sensing something from the MVP video signal to let it know there is a source connected.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry I don't have the answer but I experienced the same thing. Out of 2 (SD) Zenith TVs the "newer" one had the menu issue you describe. Luckily that one had to be replaceed . Before I replaced it, I looked for how to disable the menu in the manufacturers setup but couldn't find anything. I also looked at passing the MVP signal through another video device to fool the TV but I didn't have any luck.

I seem to remember reading that Hauppage has some config tools that may be able to change the video output level (I am not certain where I read that though). I really wish I could help.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:06 AM
Sage Icon

Interesting, my TV is also a Zenith. I am unable to find any way to disable the menu but with other devices the menu goes away after a few seconds so maybe it's a combination of the TV and the MVP?

I'll look for the config tools. Maybe its possible to increase the output level so that the TV is able to recognize that its being sent a signal.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:56 PM

Maybe its somehow related to the problem discussed here. The MVP seems to send to weak a signal resulting in a darker image. Perhaps it is too weak for your TV and thus the TV doesn't think that anything is plugged in. If this is the case you may be out of luck using the MVP.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

I also have a Zenith. The menu would not go away. I ended up hokking up a VCR between the 2 and the menu is no longer an issue. I would of liked to use my DVD player but there is no input on in.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKK
I also have a Zenith. The menu would not go away. I ended up hokking up a VCR between the 2 and the menu is no longer an issue. I would of liked to use my DVD player but there is no input on in.
It is definitely a Zenith problem. My problem was an over saturation of green in the picture and the color options could not adjust it enough to eliminate it so I passed it through a VCR's input and thing are fine now. I don’t like having to use another device to adjust the video signal, but I can’t really say it is the MVP's fault. My other TV, a Sylvania does not have this problem with the signal form the same MVP.