SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-26-2006, 08:07 AM
Sage Icon

Sage is case sensitive with unc paths?

Just recently I lost some recordings in Sage. I saw them in the recordings listings, but when I tried to play them I get the messege that the file is not available.

I looked into the recording details, and saw that the show was recorded to \\dell\d\SageTV. After looking the detail settings I noticed that it was no longer there. So I went to add it and Sage says that the directory does not exist. I checked in Windows Explorer and it does exist and is visible on the sage server. I then used the browse feature in Sage to find it and it found \\DELL\D\SageTV. So I added it.

Sage still cannot see the recordings, it appears that Sage is case sensitive in this manner. I now have lost all these recordings to Sage. I tried moving them to a new directory/disk, but Sage will not recognize them because it cannot access the "original" directory.

I then went and added the directory to sage.properites, but no go. Sage refuses to access this unc path in lower case.

How do I get my recordings back?
Old 01-26-2006, 09:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well like many other programs, Sage's support of UNC ain't all you'd hope for. But that actually may not be your problem...

I'd suggest checking permissions on the share on the other machine, especially if you're on a Windows domain like a couple of us weirdos are

Some of the file access in Sage (especially recording) is handled by the Sage service, and if the service is logged-in using an account that doesn't have rights on the other computer, you are going to have problems. If you *do* have a domain, it's best to have the service log in as a domain user with permissions to access the share on the other machine, rather than the usual "LocalSystem".

Eric Law
Old 01-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Sage Icon

Good thought.

I checked the account that SageService is running under, and it is the same user account I checked to see if the files are accessable. I would assume that this means that the service can find them. But that is not true. I stopped the service, started Sage in non-service mode and it found everything!

You are a savior. I sent this to tech support 1 week ago, and they still have not gotten back to me.

thanks