SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-30-2006, 12:08 AM

No Audio after xvid codec install

Hello Sagers!

Well, first let me say hello since I'm new here...Hello!

OK, now onto the problem at hand. I'm searching for a good PVR solution and decided to SageTV a try. So I just downloaded the trial version and installed it on a fresh install of XP SP2. Everything was working great, except I couldn't playback any of the AVI files I had. Then I said, "Oh, yeah, this is a fresh install, I don't have any of the codecs I need." So I shutdown Sage, downloaded the XVid codecs, installed them and they played fine in Sage and in WMP. But, to my dismay, now LiveTV doesn't give me any audio. So, I removed the XVid codecs, seeing as how everything was working before I installed them. But, LiveTV still doesn't give me any sound. Anyone else run into this problem?

I'm really diggin' Sage. Plus, some of the plugins look pretty promising. Although I haven't tried any of them yet since I'm just getting started and I ran into this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

System Specs -
AMD 1.3 GHz
512MB RAM
Nvidia 5200FX + Nvidia DVD Decoder
Hauppauge PVR-150
Sound Blaster Live!

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2006, 05:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to AboveUnrefined Send a message via MSN to AboveUnrefined
Try going into detailed setup and ensure that the proper MPEG2 Audio Decoder Filter (Under Video / Audio in Detailed Setup)... if it's already on Default then change it to Sage one or the one you prefer (Such as your nVidia decoder...) - depending on what codec you used it may have taken over the proper codec (Like perhaps ffdshow) as the default in Direct Show.