SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 01-30-2006, 10:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Many tuners, single EPG source, different channels selection question

Here's my situation. I have two PVR-150's and one Nexus-S card. The 150's are fed by 2 sat. receivers. The receivers and the Nexus-S are all pointed at the same sat. What I would like to do is use a flavour of the XMLTV plugin the get the EPG data off the sat. so all 3 capture devices are using the same EPG source. Here's the tricky part. I want each capture device to use a unique set of channel selections with some overlap. For example, the PVR-150's have access to channels 100-200 but the Nexus-S can tune 100-400 (remapped). Does Sage "link" the channel mappings to the input device or the EPG source? If it's the input device I'm golden, otherwise
Old 01-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariJeff
Here's my situation. I have two PVR-150's and one Nexus-S card. The 150's are fed by 2 sat. receivers. The receivers and the Nexus-S are all pointed at the same sat. What I would like to do is use a flavour of the XMLTV plugin the get the EPG data off the sat. so all 3 capture devices are using the same EPG source. Here's the tricky part. I want each capture device to use a unique set of channel selections with some overlap. For example, the PVR-150's have access to channels 100-200 but the Nexus-S can tune 100-400 (remapped). Does Sage "link" the channel mappings to the input device or the EPG source? If it's the input device I'm golden, otherwise
The channel mappings are linked to the EPG source, but using xmltv you can easily get around that. You copy your xml file twice and give them different names. Delete all the programme entries (<programme start... to ...</programme>) from the copies. Then use a multi line up xmltv plugin and select a different xml file for each of the 3 lineups. Then deselect the channels you don't want for each line up and link each tuner to a different line up.

As long as the channel id's are identical in all the xml files, Sage only needs programme information in one of the files.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariJeff
Use any of the multi-lineup xmltv plugins to do this. I believe DemiDeus Plugin will even let you create groupings of channels as well.