SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

cannot access all channels

Hello, I am using sage with media mvp.
Both on the MVP client, and at the server head, I cannot access all the channles that my satellite provider provides.

I use expressvu (canadian satellite). And I have set that up in the channel configuration. I have also selected "enable all channels".
What I see happening is that it will skip from say 350 right to 359... it wont go to any of the values in between. This seems to only happen for PPV channels... and I do understand that programmign info is not available for these, but if I channel up and down, I should be able to access them shouldn't I? I do see that they are present in the channel setup list... but for some reason sage skips right over them. And if I enter the channel numbers directly, it just kicks me down to the next available channel. For example, if I select 752, it kicks me down to 750. anyone have any ideas?
XP Pro SP2, P4 2.6 ghz, 1GB RAM, 2 X 80GB seagate serial ATA barracuda HDDs,2 X 160 GB samsung silent parallel ATA HDDs, antec sonata v1.1, msi gforce 6600gt vivo, hpage pvr150, sagetv v5, harmony remote, hauppauge media mvp, USB UIRT, Bell Expressvu
Old 02-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

cannot change to channels in my lineup

Hi, I have enabled all channels in my EPG, however, when I channel up, it sometimes skips over sections... like say from 350-360... it doesnt go to 351, 352 etc etc... even if I manually punch in the digits it kicks me down to the next nearest channel it "thinks" I shouldbe able to tune. I can see that 351 is in my lineup when I check the source setup, but for some reason I cannot actually tune to them. This seems to be the case with some channels in the 350 range and 750 range on expressvu... they are PPVs, but I also have it on some no PPV channels. I would understand it, if the channel was not present in my lineup, but in this case it is.
XP Pro SP2, P4 2.6 ghz, 1GB RAM, 2 X 80GB seagate serial ATA barracuda HDDs,2 X 160 GB samsung silent parallel ATA HDDs, antec sonata v1.1, msi gforce 6600gt vivo, hpage pvr150, sagetv v5, harmony remote, hauppauge media mvp, USB UIRT, Bell Expressvu
Old 02-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Sage

When you try to tune to a channel like 352, what does the OSD for SageTV say the channel you're currently on is?
Old 02-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

if I try to tune to 352, sage "Forces" it down to the next channel it thinks is available... like 350.

so if i channel up from 350, expecting to hit 351, I get to like 360.

If I am on channel 350 and I manually punch in 351, it "Forces" me down to 350.

note: It is not affecting what is sent to the blaster... the blaster is doing what sage wants it to do... which is staying on 350... because sage is staying on 350.

and i did confirm that 351 is on my channel lineup.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:33 AM
Sage User

Similar Problem

Interested in your problem and the fact that since mid-Feb you haven't received any answer to help fix it.

I just replied to another thread that sets out a similar problem. See http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16790 (I hope this is how you link to another thread). Also waiting to see if an answer shows up in that thread. As well, just sent a request to Tech Support.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Freddy, I should have replied.
I was able to "Fix" it... sort of.
I have to enter the missing channels manually into my guide.
It is in the channle setup section, and you have to give each a unique name.
SO for example, in th epay per view section, I have created PPV1 through PPV30 and manually entered all the missing channels in that way.

I think the issue is with zap2it, and not sage, but I am not sure.
I thought it was weird that SOME of my PPV were included in the zap2it listings, but some werent.

Recall I said I had channel 351 but not 352 etc