SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-03-2003, 06:52 AM
Sage User

Please help! Recording from multiple sources (with or without XMLTV)

Hi,

Fairly new to Sage - still trialling the software - but it is a great product and it looks like it will be even better in version 2.

However, there is one problem that I have. The main reason I tried Sage was because it supports multiple sources (I have Sky connected via S Vid, and terrestrial connected to the tuner of my PVR 350 card).

However because I am based in the UK I am using XMLTV, and if you are using the XMLTV plugin you can no longer have multiple sources .

My questions are:

a. Just out of curiosity, can you select from multiple sources if you are using the sage TV service?

b. As mentioned you cannot record from multiple sources with the current XMLTV importer. Is this a problem with the XML importer or a restriction of Sage? The reason I am asking is because I would consider writing my own import routine, but want to know if I am wasting my time or not.....

If the answer to b is that I am wasting my time, then are there any plans to change this in the future???

The alternative solution for me would be to scrap the EPG (so I can have multiple sources again), and create recordings manually via a command line or web interface. This would allow the use of a 3rd party EPG (i.e. Digiguide) and would make me very happy .

Would be interested to here how other UK users work around this problem, as I can't be the only one with this problem!!!
Old 09-03-2003, 10:53 AM
Sage

a) Yes

b) Its the importer itself. SageTV allows for it. Any advice needed on this, let me know.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:02 PM
Sage User

Unhappy

My comments here of any help? To summarize, the XMLTV plugin registers as a single "provider ID", but because nothing is documented, I can't fix it. A simple file explaining what all of the exposed Java APIs would atleast let other people work on fixing problems as they come accross them.. *shrug* I've almost given up on dual source as each time I bring it up, I'm told it's a problem with the importer plugin and that the application supports multiple sources.. Sure.. ok.. It seems that only one person knows how to write EPG plugins (unless there's a document hidden somewhere that explains how it's done) and they don't do dual source imputs..

Last edited by Colin; 09-04-2003 at 05:50 AM.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:32 AM
Sage

Check out:
http://www.freytechnologies.com/developers.html

There's a whole document that describes the entire API used for the EPG Plugin.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:48 PM
Sage User

Cool.. From that I should be able to hack something up.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:45 AM
Sage User

Hi Colin,
Can you let me know if you manage to resolve this problem, and I will do the same.

Thanks
Old 09-18-2003, 10:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Check out the fix...

Here