SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

DVD Cover Art not Showing Up?

I have copied a .JPG file into the VIDEO_TS folder of my DVDs, but the picture does not showup in the media cented imported videos. There is a picture of a folder with the name of the DVD, but no picture. Any suggestions?
Old 02-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had the same problem. Then, two days later, the image appeared! I had tried everything that I could think of to no avail. So, it must take a loooong time to register. Once it appears, it seems to stay "appeared."

Good luck! Next time, I'm bringing my rubber chicken.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:11 AM
Sage Icon

There's a setting somewhere that 'Rebuilds Thumbnails', or "Refresh Import Directories". I can't remember exactly where it is, but it should fix your problem. Also, try restarting your computer, sometimes that triggers a refresh.

And if you still don't have any luck, try putting the jpg in the folder below the VIDEO_TS. IE: for c:\DVDs\Movie Title\VIDEO_TS
Try putting it in c:\DVDs\Movie Title\

Do that only if it doesn't work, because I can't remember exactly where it's 'supposed' to go.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

I should be in the VIDEO_TS folder. I call mine "folder.jpg" and put it in that folder and it shows for me. You may have to restart the Sage service and GUI to see it. I have had issues when running the service, don't know if you are, and imported music and graphics. I had to stop the service and run the GUI to add/remove imported media. Once all the the media was the way I wanted it I stopped the GUI, started the service, and restarted the GUI and they all showed up. Somehow the service mode was not letting me update graphics or music.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlabrue
I should be in the VIDEO_TS folder. I call mine "folder.jpg" and put it in that folder and it shows for me. You may have to restart the Sage service and GUI to see it. I have had issues when running the service, don't know if you are, and imported music and graphics. I had to stop the service and run the GUI to add/remove imported media. Once all the the media was the way I wanted it I stopped the GUI, started the service, and restarted the GUI and they all showed up. Somehow the service mode was not letting me update graphics or music.
I am not running in service mode, so I must have some other problem. I have closed sage & restarted and also reboted the computer. Still no cover art. I am not sure how to refresh the imported media sources. If anyone knows how to do this please post.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am also having this issue. I am not running in sevice mode and I have tried restarting the computer. I have tried to remove the media directory and reimport it, and still some of my cover art doesn't show up.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 02-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Sage Icon

I had this happen last night: Delete the import directory, shut down the GUI, (Optional: restart computer), stop the service, restart service, restart GUI, add back directory. I still have an .mpeg pic I can't get to show though (Kylie Minougue!)

P
Old 02-04-2006, 09:58 AM
Sage Expert

For what it's worth, I was having some problems with this as well...

Turned out for me that it was simply a matter of case. My video file was called "After the Sunset.avi" and the JPG was "After The Sunset.jpg" (notice how the word "the" has a different case). Anyhow, once I changed the word "the" to "The" in the AVI filename, it started working.

Thought this might be of help to some...
Old 02-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Still cannot get cover art! My folders are named in capital letters and my .jpg artwork files are the same way. Example DVD stored on server in folder named FLIGHTPLAN with cover art file saved in the VIDEO_TS folder named FLIGHTPLAN.jpg. Anyone see a problem with this? It just will not work. In STV imported videos directory you get a picture of a folder with FLIGHTPLAN written at the bottom or maybe it's at the top I can't remember, but no picture shows up.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve52
Still cannot get cover art! My folders are named in capital letters and my .jpg artwork files are the same way. Example DVD stored on server in folder named FLIGHTPLAN with cover art file saved in the VIDEO_TS folder named FLIGHTPLAN.jpg. Anyone see a problem with this? It just will not work. In STV imported videos directory you get a picture of a folder with FLIGHTPLAN written at the bottom or maybe it's at the top I can't remember, but no picture shows up.

Did you try naming it folder.jpg? I know you can use the file name in the jpg name for imported video but I believe it did not work for me on ripped DVD's. I had to name it folder.jpg.

Pg 243 of the Sage manual
Old 02-05-2006, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

I think you need to remove and re-add the library to get them to show up.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

yeah, not working with DVDs for me either. Named the files folder.jpg then tried rebooting, rescan, etc, still nothing. Hopefully deleting and re-adding the library works out. I will post my results.

UPDATE: it's annoying, but re-adding the import folder worked. thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by ben_95sl1; 02-05-2006 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_95sl1
yeah, not working with DVDs for me either. Named the files folder.jpg then tried rebooting, rescan, etc, still nothing. Hopefully deleting and re-adding the library works out. I will post my results.
I've struggled with this for the longest time until I stumbled on the solution

The way that works for me the best is to name the file "folder.jpg" and place it in the VIDEO_TS folder.

Go to the setup menu and refresh the import directory. Do not put sage to sleep, stay in the setup menu. It will take several hours to perform this (at least on my setup), I generally do this when I'm done watching Sage.

I've tried to do this and then put Sage to sleep, but it never updated the cover art, only leaving it open did the trick.

Jeff
Old 02-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Sage User

I finally upgraded from SageTv 2.0.20 to 4.1.3.67 and ran into this problem. I tried all the suggestions in this thread, but nothing seemed to work 100% of the time. What ultimately worked for me 100% of the time was choosing to "Delete this Imported File" (which Sage would not do), go out of the Video Library, do a refresh on the imported media, then come back to find the DVD art finally showing (with folder.jpg in VIDEO_TS folder)! Strange, but it works.

Last edited by Esrsa4; 02-27-2006 at 04:27 PM.