SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

Should I use my MVP?

I bought an MVP a while back when Matt's Plugin came out, but I really never used it since it didn't work well over my wireless network. Since then I have added a Belkin router to my home theater setup and I am using that as a bridge to my main router which is connected to my cable modem. The reason I added the router in the living room is so I could connect several devices like my Sage PC, Xbox, MVP, etc and they could communicate over the 100bt network instead of wireless.

I recently purchased a Channel Plus 5545 (4 inputs) modulator to transmit my Satellite STB, Sage, XBOX over coax modulated to different channels. I have tried connecting the Sage PC to the S-Video out of my GT6800, and it works pretty well, except my widescreen suffers since I have to dumb down the resolution and overscan settings in Sage to fit the picture to the 480 screen of my SDTVs. Also, I have not been able to find an audio decoder that will transmit DD over SPDIF and Stereo over the line out so I have to constantly go back and forth between decoders depending on where I am watching Sage.

Anyways, to uncomplicate things I was hoping to use the MVP. That way I could setup my resolution/audio decoder settings for my HDTV the way I want, and use the MVP to connect to the Channel Plus device. This has the added benefit of giving me another copy of Sage so that the wife or I could watch our shows in the other room without bothering the main TV.

My question is, will this work the way I am thinking? Can I have separate resolution settings, audio decoders, etc.? Also, since I am planning on leaving the MVP in the living room, can I set it up to respond to a different remote so I do not accidentally change channels in the living room while watching Sage in the bedroom?