SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Sage Icon

Two SageTV Version On One Server??

I posted this question in another thread in the Studio section, but it probably belongs here where it can get more visability.

Since version 4.1.x of SageTV is installed in the "SageTV" folder and version 2.28 is installed in the "FreyTechnologies" folder, can I have both installed on the same system at the same time?

I'd like to once and for all test if my problems are 4.x related or independent of Sage version. If I have the same problem with 2.2.8 then I will probably replace my motherboard. If not, then it's gotta be v.4.x and I will move back to 2.2.8 ....

So, can I have both installed ??

Thanks, T.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt
So, can I have both installed ??
Not too easily. I'm not exactly sure what the older installer will do, but the newer one will uninstall an older version before installing itself. It doens't matter that the default installation directories are different -- the installer sees that another one is installed & uninstalls it.

If you really want to try different versions, just make a copy of the entire SageTV installation dir before uninstalling & then installing a different version. After reinstalling a version where you have a backup of the dir, copy that entire dir back after you install the same version. (... did that sentence make any sense??)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks All !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Not too easily. I'm not exactly sure what the older installer will do
Well I did it ... Installed 2.2.8 in a different directory without a hitch ... and both 2.2.8 and 4.1.6 will launch.

That's the good news ...

The bad news ... It's official ...

My system consistantly locks;

- With or without a Soundblaster card
- With or without a USB2 PVR
- With SageTV 2.2.8 Default Install
- With SageTV 4.1.3 Default Install
- With SageTV 4.1.3 with Customizations and
- With SageTV 4.1.6 with Customizations

Well ... today I broke down and bought an ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe Motherboard for $129!

So, it's tear it up time number 4,280 for me ....

Thanks for all who took the time to advice me along the way ... I sure hope this does the trick ....

T.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Sage Icon

Talking The Show's Over ...

Well ... Here is the final episode to my Sage Server Saga ....

It appears once again the expert advice of many on this forum has prevailed ...

I finally spent a day and replaced my junky ECS motherboard with my new ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe and .... yes ... NOT ONE LOCKUP YET !!!!

I think I may actually be getting close to migrating this puppy in to my family room.

It's been long and painful, but a good learning experience since I am stubborn and look under every rock ...

Anyway ... now I am in the market for a good PVR 500 ... Anyone got any advice on the best, cheapest place to go ... I want to replace my very old 250 and USB2 PVR's and add it to my two newer 250's.

Found this with free shipping ...

http://www.ajump.com/ajump/product.a...dept%5Fid=3809

In the mean time I guess I will try Comskip with Jere's new 0.6.2 Show Analyzer ....

I get to start having FUN again ...

Thanks again for the precision guidance ... T.

Last edited by mightyt; 02-17-2006 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt
You're probably not going to find a shipped price much (if any) cheaper than that for a PVR-500.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperry
You're probably not going to find a shipped price much (if any) cheaper than that for a PVR-500.
Found an even better deal ...

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/P...=&refurbished=

Hauppauge PVR-500 MCE including MCE Remote! for $131.36 w/Free 3-5 day shipping!!