SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-13-2006, 04:06 PM
SageTVaholic

DVD Profiler, Box Sets, TV Shows, and episodes.

Need some thoughts from all you smart people out there.

I've been working on IVL lately, made some good progress finally (check the thread), and at the same time, I've been trying to clean up my DVD Profiler library and fill in some informat. In the process I've found that unfortunately, "many" titles in DVD Profiler are entered incorrectly. It all comes down to Box Sets, TV Shows and how they're titled.

According to the IVS rules, "episodes" (or volumes as would be applicable here) are to be separated/delimited by a colon ":". However it seems many use the " - " delimiter instead.

The Sage database supports both show title and episode name, and if you can separate the DVD Profiler title into show name and episode name, you can do some really slick grouping pretty easy. I had tweaked DVDPro2Sage to parse on " - " to figure out what the "episode" was.

I want both my database, and DVDPro2Sage do deal with DVDProfiler according to the rules. Now the problem. The colon delimiter makes things much harder since many, many titles use a colon which aren't episodic, and similarly, many title use more than one colon. So I'm looking for suggestions on how to parse out the episode for episodic things.

Some examples:
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (should not be split)
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (probably should not be split)
The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (should/could be split)
Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope (Should be split, but where?)