SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-14-2006, 02:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

DVB-S with SBDARecorder beta tester wanted

I am thinking of adding DVB-S support to SBDARecorder and need help with beta testing since I don't have any DVB-S hardware myself.

If you are interested please contact me here in this thread or through PM.

I am thinking of DISEqC support for FireDTV since I am most familiar with that API but if you have another hardware and can help I can see what I can do.

Anders
Old 02-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Sage User

I use a technisat skystar2 dvb-s card. Don't know if that's useful for you.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

I don't know if there are BDA drivers for that card. Do you know?

SBDARecorder needs a card with BDA drivers to work. If your card has it I would be glad if you can help me with testing.

Anders
Old 02-15-2006, 07:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Got a Twinhan 1020 and yes there is BDA driver for my card but currently i am uing MyTheatre plugin with some plugin will i be able to use these plugin with your soft ?
Old 02-15-2006, 07:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

No my program does not support plugins. What plugins are you using?

The MyTheatre plugin is good for most peaple so maybe my program is not needed. But since I have DVB-T and C support I thought I should have DVB-S also!

Could you help me to test run the program anyway? It will not interfere with your MyTheatre settings if you just close MyThatre when running the tests.

It will be a couple of days before I have the program ready for test.

Anders
Old 02-15-2006, 11:23 AM
Sage User

I have the lifeview DVB-S card which uses BDA drivers (and the popular philips SAA713x chipset) -
http://www.lifeview.com.tw/html/prod...tv/flydvbs.htm

I would gladly assist with beta testing.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

I will get back to this thread when I have something to test.

Anders
Old 02-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have a Nexus-S on a dedicated test box right now with MT. LMK if you'd like me to try anything. I'm in Ontario, Canada.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

I now have a first test version for DVB-S ready. It might not work at all since I don't have any DVB-S hardware to test with myself!

To test you need a card with BDA drivers and to get DISEqC you must be using FireDTV-S.

To try it out is just donwload the zip file from http://www.nolberger.se/Sage/BDAReco...der2.0.0.7.zip and extract all files to a directory on your computer. Also download a ini file with the frequenies for your satellite, there is a link in the Satellites directory where you can search for it. Start the exe file and choose settings in the menu from the icon in the task bar. Don't vory about the mux settings for now. Choose your card from the combo box and press add.

Did a settings dialog for DVB-S appear? With LOF and DISEqC?
Then open the ini for your satellite file by pressing the ... button. Also set up LOF and possibly DISEqC, it is not included in the ini file, how does other programs handle this?
Then press scan. Does it find any channels? Is the strengths and quality bars moving at all?

There is nothing to install and you don't need to change anything in Sage to try to scan and preview data. If it really works and you want to use it with Sage there is instructions included on how to install in Sage.

Good luck!

Anders
Old 03-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Sage User

I'm using Lifeview DVB-S card which uses BDA drivers.

settings dialog for DVB-S does appear, it seems to be able to scan channels, but strength and quality are alway 0 and not moving at all
All PID settings are None and cannot be changed.

This is what I get:

Old 03-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

You have the dialog I meant on picture so the card is detected as a DVB-S card as it should!

But then I am not tuning the frequency correctly and I have to think about how to test this without me having access to the hardware.

Thank you for testing and I will get back with how I want to succeed.

Anders
Old 03-16-2006, 08:25 PM

Any update on this work? I am located in the US and have several DVB-S cards that I can test for you. I also have some good friends who live in Sweden near you!

George
Old 03-19-2006, 01:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

The problem is to develop and know what is happening when I don't have the hardware myself. I have not given up entirely but I am not doing anything about it right now. Does you friends live in Linköping and do they have DVB-S hardware? If soo maybee we can meet and do it together.

Anders
Old 03-22-2006, 05:32 PM

I'm trying to remember where one of my friends lives, I know he works in Växjö. I have other friends outside of Goteburg and Stockholm. I can send a DVB-S card over if you can't get one there. Isn't there a University in Linköping, if so I think my friend either lives there or used to. I haven't been to his house we always meet up at my friends outside of Goteburg (in Alingsås).
Old 03-23-2006, 02:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

If he lives in Linköping and has a Satellite it would be perfect if he wants to help. But Växsjö and Göteborg is a little to far away.

Anders
Old 03-28-2006, 01:35 AM
Sage User

I am planning to buy a FireDTV s/ci and wonder if SageTV will be the right soft for it? I do not fully understand what this DVB-s development is aiming for so please permit a few stupid questions!
If this work is done would SageTV support DVB-s with BDA drivers, like with FireDTV-s? Would it then also support the CI slot eg with a Aston CAM?
If yes I would be willing to support as soon as the FireDTV arrives.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:48 AM

If you are still looking for b-tester, I do have a FireDTV-S card, currently using MT with 4 satellites using a DiSEQC switch, in North America including HDTV. I also have a Nova-S PCI card.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have not done any work on this recently and i don't know how to proceed. If you wan't to use DVB-S with Sage look at this plugin: http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=12473

Anders
Old 05-09-2006, 02:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Anders - I'm planning on getting a DVB-S card in the not too distant future. If you would be prepared to release your code to me I'd be interested in seeing if I can get DVB-S support working. I really like your SBDARecorder, it's lightweight and does what it says. Having got it working for DVB-T I'd rather not go down yet another route for DVB-S!
Old 05-09-2006, 02:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Of course I will release the code. That would be perfect! I am not at home this week so I can not check but I think I have made a release with the DVB-S code in it already. Just downoad the latest source from my home page and have a look.

If you get any problem compiling contact me and I will try to help. The current projekt is for Delphi 6 but I have been thinking about switching to Delphi 2006 if that would be better. Just let me know.

Anders