SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-20-2006, 08:30 AM
Sage User

SageTV won't work in dual display mode

Hi everyone, maybe someone can answer this. I've done many searches and come up empty so far. I'm pretty much a noob at this stuff, so I'm hoping for some help.

I've got an NVIDIA 6600 by Gigabyte outputting to a small LCD monitor and my old Mitsubishi 60" 4:3 HDTV. I've got the latest NVIDIA drivers.

When I set the NVIDIA drivers to output to the TV at 480p, in clone display mode, then set the resolution to 1024x768, the TV desktop scrolls (as it should). However, SageTV sometimes is a bit quirky dealing with full screen mode.

I can't run in dual mode because SageTV won't work at all under those circumstances. Sage uses only a small part of the TV screen, both in 480p and 1080i. Does anyone else have experience with this? I'd much rather use dual mode if I could.

Eric
Old 02-20-2006, 09:05 AM
Sage Icon

I use dual mode on my main desktop sometimes (outputting my main desktop as 1280x1024, and a smaller 15" FP at 1024x768 running sage on this display), and everything works just fine. Not sure why you'd be having problems with sage not using the entire screen though. When running like this though, I had issues when I would try to play any games that used FSE (even with sage's FSE turned off). When I switched my game (World of Warcraft) to use windowed mode borderless though, it works great in overlay mode on Sage. Can watch TV and play at the same time without any problems (with the exception of the mouse shifting to the sage screen if I move too close to the left border, but I can live with that).

I just used the wizard supplied with the nvidia drivers to set this up, went through it's steps and it worked fine in dual mode.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Sage User

Dual Monitor and VMR9

I am running dual monitor as well, but I have to run it with VMR9, as overlay will not play. In the default STV I get a blank screen. In SAGEMC I get a renderer error (sage.PlaybackException: ERROR (-4,0X80040217): There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback).

The problem I have is the my picture is great except it is choppy across the top, like the image can't seem to catch up with itself, this is much worse on high action movies like 24.

I have been considering changing to a single display to television to see if that will help. It seems many of you have a similar set up as I do, but do not have the same issues.

my setup:

a8n-sli premium
x2 3800
gigabyte 6600
2 gig corsair ram
PVR 500
Purevideo/VMR9 Nvidia Video Decoder
Sage 4.1.6
SageMC 16X9
Connected to Toshiba 60 SD TV via SVIDEO
17 in LCD monitor via DVI.

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2006, 11:12 PM
Sage User

I am extended desktop dual display. Samsung 17" SyncMaster 712n and a Magnavox 27" Tube HDTV. I watch all my SageTV on the Magnavox. I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and the Magnavox is connected via Component Video Cables using a converter off the DVI port on the video card. I have no problems at all. Are you set up as extended desktop or something else?