SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-24-2006, 05:30 PM
Sage User

REQ: An Import to add entries to recording details

I would like the ability to add options to the recording details menu using some sort of import.

but first a little history

In cayars and others we have the ability to compress programs using a menu option on the recording details screen.

There is a program called dirmon (which i love) that allows us to kick off external programs based on the existance (or not) of tag files. used in conjunction with show analyser we can get commercial detection. used in conjunction with the webserver we can create a single tag file, used in conjuction with the hidden features we can create an xml file to start thing off.

Dirmon is great but the creation of the tag files is not.

there are also times when I may want things to happen to a file now not in the future when dir mon gets round to it. like copying to my ipod.

What kinds of thing might i want to do
  • commercial detect
  • compress files
    • normal rates
    • different rates (say cartoons can be compessed more)
    • IPOD compression
    • transcode
    • convert to xvid divx or other formats for different applications
  • move files to ipod or external device
  • copy file onto pc data dvd
  • create standard dvd
  • and many more
Possible implementations

the ultimate solution would be something likes NIELMS dynamic menu system or even an extenstion to it that allowed menu items to be added to the recording details screen. Probably the easiest would be an entry that opened a new screen or a popup that shows a user created dynamic menu with a list of options. The types of items we would probably like to add are the creation of tag files and running an external program passing it the name of the file.

the easiest solution for the import writers to create would be just to give us a single menu entry that calls an external program and passed it the name of the file. we could then create an external menu that alloes us to chose what to do with the file.

I have just realised we would probably want the same for imported videos similar to the way that IMDB import appears on recordings and imports

I have created external batch files to do all the things i have mentioned above I just can't call them, so currently i grab a mouse and drag the files onto the batch files. Not a method that increases the WAF in any way at all

Any thoughts comments observations?