SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-27-2006, 06:47 AM
Sage User

DVD Cover Art Not Showing Up?

Hello,
Thanks for all the help in the past. I am trying to get SageTv to show DVD cover art when viewing videos. I get the list of DVD's stored on the system, but no cover art to match. I beleive I have installed all software correctly, DVDprofiler, DVDpro2my. and added the following to sage.properties,

mlbdude/DVDProfiler_Root=C\:Program Files\InterVocative Software\DVD Profiler
mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=C\:collection.xml
mlbdude/offline_path=C:\Program Files\SageTVSageTV\Offline DVD

Seems I am missing a link for Sage to pull the dvd art work?

Thanks JR
Old 02-27-2006, 08:04 AM
SageTVaholic

You have to remove and re-add your library import dir if you added the coverart after sage found the associated DVD rip. It's a bug for DVDs. Submit a bug report
Old 02-27-2006, 10:27 AM

This is a problem in Sage, but SageMC will load directly from the filesystem if Sage has not imported the thumbnail yet.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 02-27-2006, 11:07 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
This is a problem in Sage, but SageMC will load directly from the filesystem if Sage has not imported the thumbnail yet.
Hello,
Sorry, I did not mention that I did install SageMC16x9. From what I gather, it should automatically find the art work since I set the values in sage.properties?

Thanks JR
Old 02-28-2006, 12:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've found that renaming the DVD's folder works every time. Considering that I do this anyway, I just make sure I put the image in the folder before I rename it. Even then, I think you could probably rename it once to find the image, then back to restore the original folder name/structure.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
You have to remove and re-add your library import dir if you added the coverart after sage found the associated DVD rip. It's a bug for DVDs. Submit a bug report
I'm using the regular stv with various imports.
I never realized that you could have DVD cover art. I downloaded some covers from amamzon and put them in the apporpriate folders in my imported media directories, named them folder.jpg. Removed the imported video directory from sage and re-added it.

I still don't see the cover art anywhere in sage. Tried the import folder in list view and folder view. No change. Am I missing something or is this the bug that you mention? Where is the art supposed to show up?
Old 03-01-2006, 07:09 PM
SageTVaholic

For DVDs they need to be in the VIDEO_TS directory. They should show up in both views.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
For DVDs they need to be in the VIDEO_TS directory. They should show up in both views.
Putting it in the TS video folder didn't make any difference. Still nothing. What would I do to get cover art for other imported videos? For instance i have the HD version of the fifth element in 3 ts files. They are in their own folder with a folder.jpg file which shows up in Windows File Explorer fine, but not in sage.

I feel like im missing something. Is support for cover art in imports part of the standard STV or is only part of mlbdudes stvs? I just copy my DVD content to a sub folder on in my imported video's folder with AnyDVD and thats it. They are playble without the mentioned dvd profiler and dvdpro2my software. Are they needed for cover art? What do they do?
Old 03-02-2006, 02:24 AM
Sage Fanatic

I reverted back to the sagetv3.xml file and deleted all of my sagetv3-x.xml files then re-imported all of my plug in's. Now the cover art shows up for all my recordings. I dont know why it wasnt working before, but its all good now.

Thanks for entertaining my questions anyway.