SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-27-2006, 07:03 AM
Sage Icon

Does Extender handle gaps in recordings properly?

Last night while recording a 2 hour movie my server crashed. I restarted the server and the recording continued. This resulted in the recording being in 2 files ending with the -0 and -1. Today I went to view the movie using the media extender. When it reached the end of the first file, the TV screen just went black. I attemped to skip past this and the show just ended. I then saw the show marked as watched, I only saw about 56 mins. of 120 mins. I was able to use the skip backwards to see parts of the second file. However, if I would skip back too far and get back into part 1, I encountered the same issue. End of part 1 seems to be treated as end of show. I ended up just viewing the show with a regular client with no problem at all. The client just skipped the gap with no problem.

Has anyone watched a show on the media extender that was contained in two files?
If so, what version were you using?

This is the first time I tried viewing a split file with the media extender and don't know if the problem always existed or just a problem with the beta version I am using.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

Interesting, This actually worked for me using 4.17 Beta but when I updated to 4.18 Beta it didn't work - with the same files. I stupidly changed the channel while recording, stupidly ignored that little box that reminds me that I am recording and changed the channel anyway. I actually didn't even link my problem to a Sage version until seeing your post.

With 4.17 it would show black for a few seconds then start playing the second file where the show continued.

With 4.18 it does the same thing you're saying, shows black for a few seconds and then jumps to the end. Funny thing is that it still shows the progress bar for the entire show.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Sage Icon

Thank you for your input. I have just reported it as a Beta bug.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.