SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
BTW: did I mention you can open the manual from within SageTV now? (It will open it in Adobe Reader, externally to SageTV.) Go to the new Help menu, found in the Setup Menu.

There is also an Interface Guide menu there, where you can find out what all those icons, markers, and colors means. You can now edit & set your own category background colors for places like the Program Guide.

- Andy
Think that was kind of obvious, since it forces that menu option the first time you start up Sage after the new install. Nice addtion, I might add. Also like the tweaks done to the STV (although I don't use it.)

... Can we get a CD player now? That's my only request...please? (With a cherry, or other delightful item, on top?) If you find my poll, you'll see that a SIGNIFICANT number of people would like this feature (somewhere around 80%, IIRC), and like half of those people even said they would pay a nominal fee, however strange that would be, to get it!

------> http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15744

See, it's not just me...

Last edited by geogecko; 03-06-2006 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

Ever since I installed 4.1.9 my MediaMVP reverts back to the default stv everytime I power it off. I can easily just go point it to the stv it was previously using, but this didn't happen with 4.1.8.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:40 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Think that was kind of obvious, since it forces that menu option the first time you start up Sage after the new install. Nice addtion, I might add. Also like the tweaks done to the STV (although I don't use it.)

... Can we get a CD player now? That's my only request...please? (With a cherry, or other delightful item, on top?) If you find my poll, you'll see that a SIGNIFICANT number of people would like this feature (somewhere around 80%, IIRC), and like half of those people even said they would pay a nominal fee, however strange that would be, to get it!

------> http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15744

See, it's not just me...
I feel your pain on the CD player It's a WAF thing not a Dagar thing
Old 03-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagar
Yep, 100% WAF. If she can't listen to the CD she just brought home, I get to hear about it when I get home...
Old 03-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Sage Expert

lol at least my wife is a geek too otherwise I'd be right there with you ... she does like her tunes though. Too bad
Old 03-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfresh23
Ever since I installed 4.1.9 my MediaMVP reverts back to the default stv everytime I power it off. I can easily just go point it to the stv it was previously using, but this didn't happen with 4.1.8.
I had a similar problem with an earlier beta, my import was comskip. The fix was after I imported, I went into detailed setup, disabled, exited setup, back in to setup to enable, then exit back to main menu.

In technical terms,,,, I think you have to fiddle with it before Sage sees it, sometimes.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagar

I may be in the minority here, but I agree that a CD player is higher on my list than placeshifting. Don't get me wrong placeshifting is neat and nice, but I really don't have a great use for it, except to get into trouble at work. I really want a fully functioning Media Center PC, with CD playing, a nicely done music library, DVD support over the MVP, and PIP. Just my 2 cents FWIW.

By the way Sage, Great job and also to all those who have put together awesome stv and stvi's.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 03-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Since we are venting about cd players, how about fm support? I mean sage is loves hauppauge, and many of their cards have fm tuners. eVen if we can not record for riaa reasons being able to tune in would be great.

sorry..end of vent I do love sage and placeshifting is really cool, especially if I get it to actually work.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Can we get a CD player now?
Isn't CD that legacy medium from the last century?
Old 03-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
Millenium
Old 03-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
Yeah...so what are you saying? The CD is going the way of the floppy? So, we will all be buying our music in digital format from now on?

I was into downloading MP3's off the internet way back when, before I guess I realized it was illegal, and even then I knew it sucked, because you'd get songs that weren't tagged right, had half the track, etc...but now that I don't do that, I still don't like buying music online (iTunes music store), because I like getting the CD, having the album art, lyrics and what not.

Anyway, until we are able to go to the store, tell them I want the latest Demon Hunter CD to be transferred to my HTPC by the time I get home, I want the CD player. Is that too much to ask?
Old 03-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

And since I don't like buying CD's period, due to the lack of a completely good CD any more (Oh how I miss the 80's) oh.... sorry I was day dreaming, I want my FM tuner.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 03-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Sage Expert

So, I just installed the beta, and noticed that some of the bugs I hoped were fixed by now were still there (although others seem to have gone away). Do we still report these older bugs, or just any new ones we find?

For example:

Stuttering (both audio and video) is still occurring when you change channels while watching live TV, a new show starts on the channel you are watching, or a new program starts recording while you're watching another show. I previously submitted a bug report on this issue, also noting that the CPU seems to peg out at 100% for a second, and that may be contributing to the problem.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Sage

aperry, Can you send us some log files from when this happens as well as a detailed description of what you were doing at the time? Send it to betatest at sagetv.com.

Thanks.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperry
For example:

Stuttering (both audio and video) is still occurring when you change channels while watching live TV, a new show starts on the channel you are watching, or a new program starts recording while you're watching another show. I previously submitted a bug report on this issue, also noting that the CPU seems to peg out at 100% for a second, and that may be contributing to the problem.
I only noticed this on my OTA FusionHDTV 5 Lite setup. When trying to watch any LiveTV, the audio is always stuttering. If I pause it for about 2 seconds, it goes away...will have to do more testing to verify it though...
Old 03-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I only noticed this on my OTA FusionHDTV 5 Lite setup. When trying to watch any LiveTV, the audio is always stuttering. If I pause it for about 2 seconds, it goes away...will have to do more testing to verify it though...
My audio is fine while watching, it just goes weird when the conditions I referenced happen. By the way, this was discussed pretty extensively in this thread and I attached an audio sample of what I'm hearing in this post. I think that this link should link to the ZIP file with the sound sample as well.

Narflex, I'll send you a log file tonight. This is 100% reproduceable, so I'll send you samples with just that occurring.

To start a new debug log (once debug_logging is set to TRUE), do you just exit all the way out of Sage and go back in, or do you need to delete some file while you are out of the program? In other words, does it start a new log file each time you start Sage, does it overwrite the old log each time you restart, or does it just append to what you've already got?

My plan was to:

Exit all the way out.
Enable logging.
Go back in and get the live TV stuff to happen.
Exit back out and get log to send.
Go back in and get the "starting recording while watching something else" to happen.
Exit back out and get new log to send.

Will this work?

Last edited by aperry; 03-07-2006 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
To start a new debug log (once debug_logging is set to TRUE), do you just exit all the way out of Sage and go back in, or do you need to delete some file while you are out of the program? In other words, does it start a new log file each time you start Sage, does it overwrite the old log each time you restart, or does it just append to what you've already got?
The log starts over when you restart, giving you a new sagetv_0.txt or sagetvclient_0.txt, depending on what is running.

Every time you restart, the '0' files is renamed '1', '1' to '2', and so on through the last 4 logs (numbers 0 - 3). If the log gets large enough (~10MB), it will rollover to a new file, also renumbering 0 - 3. So, file 0 is always the most recent.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Sage Expert

By the way, another bug (feature?) that still exists happens when you start watching a show that is currently recording. The timer bar shows starting at 0:00, but what actually shows is whatever is live. If you then bump back or forward, the timer updates accordingly, and video gets back in sync with the timer.

I don't think I reported this one before, but I have seen discussion about it (and of course, assumed that someone else would report it).

Narflex - Since I'll be in there anyway, I'll generate a debug log around this happening as well.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
By the way, another bug (feature?) that still exists happens when you start watching a show that is currently recording. The timer bar shows starting at 0:00, but what actually shows is whatever is live. If you then bump back or forward, the timer updates accordingly, and video gets back in sync with the timer.
Same here, this can be really stupid when watching sports.
Oh and sometimes it doesn't play live video, but just starts the video at 52seconds. Also only if the show is still recording. So it skips about the first minute. One short rewind, and all is good again. A fix would be great. I thought that this behaviour might be a pal problem because of the way sage calculates the timebar, from the endpoint of the file, and the different framerates, but as always i am probably wrong.

Marneb
Old 03-08-2006, 01:34 AM
Sage Expert

Mine always goes to live video.

I have only noticed it starting in the wrong place on favorites, I have not tried it with a manual recording...