SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-08-2006, 03:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Yeah...so what are you saying? The CD is going the way of the floppy? So, we will all be buying our music in digital format from now on?
Heck no, my old Mum still wants to play her 78s!
When I buy a new CD, it gets ripped then goes up in the loft with all the others.

Is there anyone out there getting decent video with placeshifter over the internet? I get video, but so blocky it's unwatchable.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:58 AM

The name/key you entered does not appear to be valid. Please try again.

Hello all, I hope this post is in the right place as this is my first. A bit of back ground. I started using STV trial about four weeks ago, managed to work most things out with the help of the posting on this forum (Thanks to all of you) at 14 days I purchased server and client licences copied and pasted my user name and key in and registered both, all was good until today. Today I installed over the top STV V4.1.9 Beta when I restarted it asked for my reg key again, so I copied it in and it now says "The name/key you entered does not appear to be valid. Please try again." This is exactly how I registered the first time, am I doing something wrong/stupid

Thanks in advance
Trucks
Old 03-08-2006, 05:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marneb17
Same here, this can be really stupid when watching sports.
Yep, major spoiler for sports as you see the outcome or scores late in the game. I try not to watch a currently recorded show because of this bug, especially a sports game. If I must, then I have to be quick with the rewind button, meaning I press Watch Now and quickly hit Rewind so that it jumps to the start of the show, rather than playing at the current time. It isn't a big deal since I'm aware of the bug and know how to work around it, but it'll be nice to have this bug fix nonetheless.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucks
Today I installed over the top STV V4.1.9 Beta when I restarted it asked for my reg key again, so I copied it in and it now says "The name/key you entered does not appear to be valid. Please try again." This is exactly how I registered the first time, am I doing something wrong/stupid

Thanks in advance
Trucks
You can try to manually unregester it, its documented in the SageTV PDF manual, page 206. Then run SageTV and try to enter the keys again. If it doesn't work, then I suggest to contact SageTV support and find out what is the problem.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.

Last edited by mayamaniac; 03-08-2006 at 05:15 AM.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperry
My audio is fine while watching, it just goes weird when the conditions I referenced happen. By the way, this was discussed pretty extensively in this thread and I attached an audio sample of what I'm hearing in this post. I think that this link should link to the ZIP file with the sound sample as well.

Narflex, I'll send you a log file tonight. This is 100% reproduceable, so I'll send you samples with just that occurring.

To start a new debug log (once debug_logging is set to TRUE), do you just exit all the way out of Sage and go back in, or do you need to delete some file while you are out of the program? In other words, does it start a new log file each time you start Sage, does it overwrite the old log each time you restart, or does it just append to what you've already got?

My plan was to:

Exit all the way out.
Enable logging.
Go back in and get the live TV stuff to happen.
Exit back out and get log to send.
Go back in and get the "starting recording while watching something else" to happen.
Exit back out and get new log to send.

Will this work?

I have this two actually but I always put it down to something on my config I just formatted this weekend and haven't sat down with it long enough to see if it still occurs but I bet it does. It only really happens with me when im watching on one tuner and the other one kicks in to change channels.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy 4.1.9 reverts back to ".stv"

Hi All,
Don't know what I did on this latest beta but I keep losing my .xml stv after shutting down Sage and starting again. In Advance setup there are NO other choices (like before) with the all the -2.xml, -3.xml, etc.; just one choice of sagetv3.stv. And when I try to add an .stvi import it says "can't import into this stv, must make copy", like we used to have to do. I tried reinstalling over the top again and it asks if you want to "repair" or "modify"--tried both. Do I have completely uninstall and DELETE all Sage directories and start over?? My properties file shows the correct .xml file listed??
Thanks for any help with this.

Randy

HD-200 extender, 37 in. lcd tv (HDMI)
Old 03-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucks
Hello all, I hope this post is in the right place as this is my first. A bit of back ground. I started using STV trial about four weeks ago, managed to work most things out with the help of the posting on this forum (Thanks to all of you) at 14 days I purchased server and client licences copied and pasted my user name and key in and registered both, all was good until today. Today I installed over the top STV V4.1.9 Beta when I restarted it asked for my reg key again, so I copied it in and it now says "The name/key you entered does not appear to be valid. Please try again." This is exactly how I registered the first time, am I doing something wrong/stupid

Thanks in advance
Trucks
You might alwo want to make sure you're not using the client key in place of the Server key, or vice-versa. Been there, done that .
Old 03-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelrandolph
Don't know what I did on this latest beta but I keep losing my .xml stv after shutting down Sage and starting again. In Advance setup there are NO other choices (like before) with the all the -2.xml, -3.xml, etc.; just one choice of sagetv3.stv. And when I try to add an .stvi import it says "can't import into this stv, must make copy", like we used to have to do. I tried reinstalling over the top again and it asks if you want to "repair" or "modify"--tried both. Do I have completely uninstall and DELETE all Sage directories and start over?? My properties file shows the correct .xml file listed??
Somehow, the old SageTV3.stv file was selected. Double check that the STV property is set to SageTV3.xml, not .stv. And, if using service mode, check in sageclient.properties.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Sage Expert

Narflex,

I sent the logs to the betatest email address. Let me know if there were any problems getting it, or if you need more information.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
Heck no, my old Mum still wants to play her 78s!
When I buy a new CD, it gets ripped then goes up in the loft with all the others.

Is there anyone out there getting decent video with placeshifter over the internet? I get video, but so blocky it's unwatchable.

My video is pretty clear at work. very watchable.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 03-08-2006, 08:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusvball
My video is pretty clear at work. very watchable.
Bizarre, I have 384 up at home and 512 down where I am, and it's hopeless. Not to worry, I didn't really buy the licence for internet use anyway...
Old 03-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Somehow, the old SageTV3.stv file was selected. Double check that the STV property is set to SageTV3.xml, not .stv. And, if using service mode, check in sageclient.properties.

- Andy
Thanks Andy,
I'll try that tonight--I didn't think to check in sageclient properties and I am using "service" mode.
Randy

Old 03-08-2006, 10:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Bizarre, I have 384 up at home and 512 down where I am, and it's hopeless. Not to worry, I didn't really buy the licence for internet use anyway...

I have 1mb up at home and 6 mb down at work. That might be the difference.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 03-08-2006, 11:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusvball
I have 1mb up at home and 6 mb down at work. That might be the difference.
I think it's the up that kills it, but 384 is pretty fast for the UK. We'll get decent speeds eventually, then I'll use it...
Old 03-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I think it's the up that kills it, but 384 is pretty fast for the UK. We'll get decent speeds eventually, then I'll use it...
I have 384k upload cable (& 1m download dsl at work), and I get a pretty watchable picture. The only time the video goes blocky is when the motion is fast, like in a basketball game. But for most of what I do, catching up on tv shows, it's very watchable. Maybe try manually tweaking the streaming settings.

Btw, this latest beta is working very well for videos now, with none of the difficult to initiate transcode issues I saw in the first placeshifting beta.

The only issue I have now is dixv/xvid audio not being synced. If they get that working right, I'll have total access to my sage server from work.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdude90210
Maybe try manually tweaking the streaming settings.
I've tried all sorts of settings, no go. I wonder if I'm really getting worse pictures than everyone else or if I'm just too fussy...

Also, occasionally I get no audio at all when streaming. As I say, not a big deal anyway, it's just a toy over the internet for me.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelrandolph
Thanks Andy,
I'll try that tonight--I didn't think to check in sageclient properties and I am using "service" mode.
Randy
That's probably your issue. When using service mode, the "service" uses sage.properties, and when you open up the SageTV GUI (front end), that uses the sageclient.properties file. It's almost like having a server and client, only you don't need a license for your "client" in this case.

I try and keep any changes I make in one file, in the other file. I use ExamDiff (free tool) to compare the two files, and make any needed changes.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Geogecko for the reply. I didn't know how that worked using sageclient.
Randy

Old 03-08-2006, 12:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

I'm at work right now watching the placeshifter without any problems. I also only have 384k upstream and everything comes through very nicely. I setup the timeshifting client to use only 200k of my upstream so I don't totally crap out my connection.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Sage User

Send a message via MSN to pmoreau
Quote:
I've tried all sorts of settings, no go. I wonder if I'm really getting worse pictures than everyone else or if I'm just too fussy...

Also, occasionally I get no audio at all when streaming. As I say, not a big deal anyway, it's just a toy over the internet for me.
I have 386 up from home, 3m down DSL and watching at work it's just about unusable in the dynamic setting. However, when I manually set the stream rate down to about 200 or less, and dropped the audio bitrate in half, it was very smooth but compressed as hell. Still, very watchable though...