SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

DwarF! Thanks for the update! Just installed and it seems to be working great. It is still working through the updates, but since this is the first time I've seen it run, I'm really happy with it so far!

Thanks again!

flips
Old 08-24-2007, 11:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is anyone working on updating this?
Old 08-25-2007, 11:42 PM
Sage User

Dwarf,

Good job with the last version Any chance we could get the "View it Now" feature working?
Old 12-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Sage User

Watch online videos?

This looks like an awesome plugin. I've only recently installed SageTV and I'm just getting used to it now I want to see what plugins are out there. I was wondering if this plugin works for downloading and watching the videos via the MVP.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:02 AM
SageTVaholic

I think this is an abandoned plugin... too bad. I was considering on using it a while back..

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Since Blockbuster just announced yet another price hike, I have a feeling netflix will be getting some customers back (like me). That in combination with the delayed tv series from the writers strike will make movie rentals more desirable.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:39 AM
SageTVaholic

I've always used Netflix. I never installed this plugin because I had a feeling it would get abandoned. I would love for someone to bring this plugin into full action and keep it up to date. There's sure a need for it.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Sage Icon

Seems like something Netflix might be interested in ... anyone have any contacts...
Old 12-21-2007, 11:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
Since Blockbuster just announced yet another price hike, I have a feeling netflix will be getting some customers back (like me). That in combination with the delayed tv series from the writers strike will make movie rentals more desirable.
Glad I read that. It looks like I'll be moving over too. I kept BB cuz they had one free game rent a month. the nice thing about that is if you bought the game, they took of the cost of a full rental. I got many older games for under $5. But they don't do that anymore, so Netflix her I come.

And that would make a Netflix plug in useful (to me).
Old 01-10-2008, 10:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Does this plugin work with SageMC (latest version/s)?
Old 01-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am using this plugin with SageMC and it works fine on the server. However, it does not work on any placeshifter, MVP, or my HD extender. Is there any way to get this to work?

Thanks
Old 01-20-2008, 10:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchacho View Post
I am using this plugin with SageMC and it works fine on the server. However, it does not work on any placeshifter, MVP, or my HD extender. Is there any way to get this to work?

Thanks
How do you install it in SageMC?
Old 01-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

I imported the stvi and mapped a custom to netfix-main. You have to change the extention to xml first though.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
How do you install it in SageMC?
Quote:
I imported the stvi and mapped a custom to netfix-main. You have to change the extention to xml first though.
Thanks,
Based on your instructions I did this to install in SageMC:
  1. Downloaded the Netflix zip file from the downloads section
  2. Unzipped to the SageTV/SageTV directory
  3. Renamed the "netflix-v1.1.stvi" file to "netflix-v1.1.xml"
  4. Imported the netflix-v1.1.xml using SageMC's "Import STVI" function
  5. From Main Menu, right-clicked > New Internal Screen > and selected "Netflix Main"
Thanks for the help Muchacho. Works great except for when you select "Media Center" from the menu it doesn't do anything, but I just select the home key to get back to the main menu instead.

Last edited by Brent; 01-20-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Glad you for it working. Please let me know if you get it working on an MVP or extender.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Glad you for it working. Please let me know if you get it working on an MVP or extender.
Will do. I'll be trying that next
Old 01-20-2008, 03:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Once I loaded the Netflix Plugin to my server PC's SageMC, I added it to my Media MVP (SageTV SD Extender) doing the following
  • turn on MediaMVP
  • You should see the same menus you have on your SageTV server (as long as you are using the same Menu of course)
  • On your MediaMVP, go to Settings>and SageMC Settings and select Import STVI (this is from the SageMC settings page not Detailed Setup) and select the same netflix-v1.1.xml that you imported on your SageTV server.
That's it. You should now be able to go to the main menu on your SageTV MediaMVP and The Netflix Menu item will now take you to the plugin. As mentioned before, selecting "Media Center" and left on your remote don't take you to the main menu as you would expect so on the MediaMVP, you need to hit the "back/exit" button (possibly multiple times) to go back to the main menu.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:03 AM
Sage Icon

Hi...

Having a few issues with this plug-in....

It's working insofar as I can see my queue and I can manipulate it.

However, if I search for something I cannot add it to the queue. It never changes the button from Add-Q to IN-Q. Have tried over and over and can't get it. No matter how I search it will not add.

Also have seen flaky stuff when I am in the queue, they will change position on their own (maybe a redraw problem?)

thanks!

Stacy
Old 01-21-2008, 01:29 AM
Sage Icon

Oh yes,

also the "channels" are missing Blu-Ray disks.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

After seeing this thread I started looking at NetFlix and plan to switch from BlockBuster myself. The Watch It Now thing is great! Fantastic quality.

The import definitely needs some rewriting to make it SageMC friendly and consistent. I'll have to look through to see if I can understand how to get Watch it Now listings and do the best to launch it full screen and control it. But first things first. I'll work on porting the existing capabilities from the standard STV to SageMC and post that when I have something working.

That was great for DwarF to post the Java source. Unfortunately I am not a Java person and don't know how to build that if I need to add some additional functions or change something. If someone could point me in the right direction on that I would appreciate it! I've tried to contact DwarF but he must not be checking in here lately.

Morgan