SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-06-2006, 10:11 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
MVP causes Server to studder??

Ever since I moved from Matts MVP plugin to the Sage implemented MVP support, my server to which the MVP connectsw to now studders when watching shows simultaneously with the MVP.

Matt's plugin does not do this.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is the Sage implemented MVP support utilizing the server more than Matt's plugin?

Please help. My wife complained about it this morning and I am in danger of falling from grace!!!!

Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 03-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Sage

Send an email to betatest at sagetv.com and we'll send you a version so you can test some thread prioritization changes that should help with this.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
Send an email to betatest at sagetv.com and we'll send you a version so you can test some thread prioritization changes that should help with this.
Just like to note that I see similar stuttering problem when using MVP at same time as I use Placeshifter.

I have not tried to see what happens when I use SageTV Client.

Config is this:
Server running in service mode. No UI running on server
MVP running 4.1.11 release
Placeshifter running 4.1.11
All fully licensed copies
Server is a Epia SP13000 which is running nowhere close to high CPU usage in these circumstances.

Stuttering in video is extremely pronounced. Every five seconds or so, the video will stop for a second.

Client where I am running Placeshifter has Java 1.4.2.03 and 1.4.2.11
Server has Java 1.5.06
MVP has goodness knows what ;-)