SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Has anyone had luck placeshifting with the webserver work with Samsung Blackjack and WM6?
Old 02-19-2008, 07:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

WMV and WM6

I put an update into the WiKi. The version of Windows media player that comes with WM6 does not play the Windows Media 8 streams produced by the VLC server used by the web interface. This was also the case in WM5. I found a work around for WM5 in that you could use TCPMP and set it to play the WMV streams from VLC and it worked well. To play the streams, TCPMP actually uses two dll (the same two) that the windows media player uses.

Anyway, these two dlls are different on WM6 and it does not work anymore.

However, if you copy the WM5 version of these two dlls into your TCPMP directory, you will find it all works again! The down side is that you loose about 800k of storage on the phone (i'm not sure if you install TCPMP to the sd card and I havn't tried). But, hey, if it means that you can do something that an I-Phone can't then it's worth it!

I've zipped the two old version files up and added them here. Unzip them to the same folder that holds your tcpmp.exe and make sure you close down (rather than suspend) TCPMP and re-start it. Every thing should now work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WPMPDLL.zip (561.1 KB, 269 views)
Old 02-19-2008, 08:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks motobarsteward,
So doe this require Opera instead of the standard IE?
Old 02-21-2008, 06:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Thanks motobarsteward,

Mmmm. I'm not sure. The reason? I only use Opera on my mobile. I have not tried to access my server with IE on WM6. I do recall others saying that the Java menu bit doesn't work on WM6. This was also the case on WM5 (i have tried this) but the menu used to appear at the bottom of the page and you could select the option.

Unfortunetaly, I can't try it now as my Internet connection at home is down and this has disconnected my server from the web.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
PIE in WM5 or WM6 works great with the webserver, as long the tips in the webserver wiki are followed (you must directly navigate to menu.html to see most menus).

Motobarsteward's method for streaming video relies on TCPMP (a media player), and works independent of which web browser is used.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:46 AM

Placeshifter for Palm

This would be a great feature. I use similar w/S---gbox's Palm program on my Treo 700p and it works great. Suck up the battery but no other issues. This would be a feature that I would gladly by a "placeshifter for palm" licence. It would allow access to the rest of my media while on the road w/my phone.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobarsteward View Post
However, if you copy the WM5 version of these two dlls into your TCPMP directory, you will find it all works again! The down side is that you loose about 800k of storage on the phone (i'm not sure if you install TCPMP to the sd card and I havn't tried). But, hey, if it means that you can do something that an I-Phone can't then it's worth it!

I've zipped the two old version files up and added them here. Unzip them to the same folder that holds your tcpmp.exe and make sure you close down (rather than suspend) TCPMP and re-start it. Every thing should now work.
motobarsteward,

Thanks to your instructions, I have TCPMP set up on my phone with the correct DLLs. But I can't figure out how to make TCPMP the default video player. When I click on the streaming link in Opera, it always forwards to IE, which opens media player. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 05-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

You may need to associate TCPMP with the type of stream you're trying to use.

In TCPMP, click options, settings, select page, file associations, then check the necessary box(s). I usually check them all (except picture files) since I prefer TCPMP over wmp for everything.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1 View Post
You may need to associate TCPMP with the type of stream you're trying to use.

In TCPMP, click options, settings, select page, file associations, then check the necessary box(s). I usually check them all (except picture files) since I prefer TCPMP over wmp for everything.
Thanks for the tip. I just associated all video file types to TCPMP, but IE still opens Windows Media Player.

-Chris
Old 05-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

I don't use opera personally. Have you tried clicking the link in pie?
Old 05-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1 View Post
I don't use opera personally. Have you tried clicking the link in pie?
Yep, just tried again in IE right now, and it still opens WMP. Very frustrating.

-Chris
Old 05-09-2008, 08:13 AM
SageTVaholic

If i remember correctly, I use to have to use the playlist formats. instead of opening a link to the stream in PIE, choose one of the playlist files (i can't remember which i used to use). This will download a file, which will then get opened by whatever program is associated with that file. (may get prompted to overright your previous download each time, so it's an extra click or two.)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 05-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
If i remember correctly, I use to have to use the playlist formats. instead of opening a link to the stream in PIE, choose one of the playlist files (i can't remember which i used to use). This will download a file, which will then get opened by whatever program is associated with that file. (may get prompted to overright your previous download each time, so it's an extra click or two.)
Thank you! This time I clicked on the "pls" link, and that opens TCPMP. Previously, I had been trying the wvx link.

-Chris
Old 05-31-2008, 11:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Tryin' to get it to work

I have an Ipaq 5455 running PPC2003 and TCPMP... I can get it to to play the file without transcoding.... but... it' s really bad.... really slow... really choppy.... If I choose a transcoded file... TCPMP gives me a file unknown error. I have VLC 0.8.6f and sage webserver2.0 installed.

My Ipaq can only render the original file streamed. Any of the transcoded streams yield a "File unknown" erro in TCPMP.

What am I doing wrong to get the transcoded files to play?

Thanks much,

Wirenut

Last edited by Wirenut; 05-31-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question File not found

Okay... it's close... I purchased CoreAVC Mobile... and it works sweet with anything I throw at it. But when I click on any of the links from the transcode options in Nielm's webserver... it downloads the file [pls,wvx,m3u] and asks me to open after download... I hit ok... and CoreAVC or TCPMP on my PDA try to open the file and they both give me:

File Not Found!
http://192.168.1.2:8082/sagepublic/MediaFile Transcode?
MediaFileId=3340995&Segment=0&mode=vlc

With the player open.

I see the Wifi light blink on the router and the router port forwards to the correct machine.... I don't get it. Do I have to edit a properties file somewhere?

I can watch the transcodedstreams from my laptop via the same Wifi network at home without any problems....would be nice to have this on the PDA.

Any suggestions?

Peace,

Wirenut
Old 06-04-2008, 05:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

The only one that I have ever got working with the pocket pc is the wmv transcoding. I've not used CoreAVC but even with TCPMP under WM6, you need the old dlls from WM5. Have you tried copying the WM5 dll files into the CoreAVC directory? That way, you may be able to use the wmv streams at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirenut View Post
Okay... it's close... I purchased CoreAVC Mobile... and it works sweet with anything I throw at it. But when I click on any of the links from the transcode options in Nielm's webserver... it downloads the file [pls,wvx,m3u] and asks me to open after download... I hit ok... and CoreAVC or TCPMP on my PDA try to open the file and they both give me:

File Not Found!
http://192.168.1.2:8082/sagepublic/MediaFile Transcode?
MediaFileId=3340995&Segment=0&mode=vlc

With the player open.

I see the Wifi light blink on the router and the router port forwards to the correct machine.... I don't get it. Do I have to edit a properties file somewhere?

I can watch the transcodedstreams from my laptop via the same Wifi network at home without any problems....would be nice to have this on the PDA.

Any suggestions?

Peace,

Wirenut
Old 06-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

It works!

On my Titan (XV6800), running WM6.1:
  1. I installed the Opera Browser and TCPMP.
  2. I went to "http://mywebsite:myport/Sage/Recordings", entering my user name and password.
  3. Clicking through down to the individual show, I selected "Watch (Streamed)"
  4. Scrolling down, I went down to the "WMV" section
  5. Then, under "256kbit deinterlaced third-res", I selected "Play in External Player [3mu]"

Voila! TCPMP starts up, and plays fine. Faster bitrates were choppy using EVDO-A. Wifi could probably get you higher resolutions, though.

Cheers!

Last edited by AzJazz; 06-18-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

PPC2003

I'm running Pocket PC 2003... neither WM5 or WM6. So... I thought I'd have the older .dll's.... but I will try the dll's you posted. The Windows media player is Windows media player 9.

Do I need some sort of java VM running on my PDA?

I get a file not found error.... like the transcoder's not kickin' in on the server.. but it works with all other hardware across any connection.

Wirenut
Old 06-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Sage User

I guess the thing that really sucks about all this hacked together stuff is that FF/RW doesnt really work. Pretty much takes teh wind out of my sales.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Thumbs down Enough is enough

Okay, I'm still trying to understand why SageTV still doesnt provide mobile phone support. I can understand why it wasn't considered a high priority 3-4 years ago. But, enough is enough. I'm sure sageTV staff sees this thread popping up over and over again with people struggling to find solutions. If there's a need for this and people are willing to pay, what software development plans take higher priority than this basic need?

Slingbox is supporting iphones in addition to Windows Mobile phones. Im going to buy the new iphone 2 in about a month. It will really suck if I need to go buy an additional slingbox for something that SageTV should already support.

http://gizmodo.com/395415/sling-on-iphone-hands-on

***RIP SageTV***